Company is looking for an impactful Vice President of Product Management who is a marketing and industry evangelist overseeing and facilitating a product portfolio that delivers value to our customers and double-digit growth to our business.
Reporting to our Chief Marketing officer (CMO), the VP of Product Management, is the top executive responsible for our product portfolio responsible for the oversight of our product strategy, product roadmap and lifecycle for the Company product portfolio. They lead a portfolio comprised of clinical and research-use genomic products including genetic sequencers, assays, software and informatics and arrays that in turn service a broad array of markets including: oncology, NIPT, research, microbiology, agriculture, infectious and genetic disease, Population Sequencing, Health systems and consumers.
The VP drives the short- and long-term growth strategy as it relates to the positioning of the company's products. They provide visionary leadership to the product management organization who are responsible for bringing the voice of the customer into our organization so that we have an "outside-in" approach to building and delivering the best products and solutions to our markets and know that we are building what matters for our customers.
- Own the product portfolio strategy, formation (roadmap), execution and financial performance.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define, refine and improve our product vision and value proposition.
- Ensure that the organization understands the vision and direction for the product roadmap and strategy.
- Evaluate market trends, product industry and competition strategies to provide recommendations on product pricing and positioning.
- Effectively position products for all markets and all buyer types.
- Discover and validate market problems (both existing and future customers).
- Work collaboratively with Product Development, Operations, Commercial and Product Marketing to ensure our products resonate with customers increasing impact to sales volume, customer base and marketing penetration.
- Seek new market opportunities by leveraging the company's distinctive competence in brining novel and disruptive technology and products to our markets.
- Create followership and lead the product management function comprised of 60 employees.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Entrepreneurial and pioneering with outstanding strategic and conceptual thinking skills.
- Must have demonstrated track record of successfully leading product management or development of complex diagnostic products and systems in the life science, genomics or similar research or clinical industries.
- Proven ability to create compelling frameworks to develop and validate product theses based on extensive primary and secondary research.
- Possess a data driven and creative mindset with a problem-solving orientation.
- Must have demonstrated effective collaboration in matrixed or highly cross-functional business settings
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Previous relevant executive leadership (VP+) experience with the ability to influence and motivate others and guide successful product management teams
- Experience working in a clinical, medical/healthcare, biotechnology, life sciences, or high growth corporate environment where innovation is at the forefront.
- 15+ years of product strategy and management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Business required
- MBA or advanced business degree strongly preferred
- Prior strategy consulting experience highly valued
- A track-record of building a product portfolio with significant, positive impact on the P/L
- Create a compelling vision - established a clear strategic vision and inspires passion for Company's mission by promoting innovation, leveraging industry expertise, and creating a competitive advantage in the market
- Proven Influence Skills - the ability to influence and drive initiatives across functions, levels, and regions; tough-minded with courage of conviction, yet collaborative and professional
- Accountability - proven ability to drive accountability within large teams and focus them business outcomes.
- Execution and Solution-Oriented - able to marshal resources and convey a clear vision across an enterprise in order to meet or exceed objectives; a self-starter, able to perform within challenging and / or ambiguous environments and situations
- Change Leader - ability to lead teams through change, build resiliency and optimism of team
- Build great teams - Creates high-performing teams by attracting, developing and empowering top talent to take ownership for growing the business and celebrating successes and excellence
- Deliver exceptional results - Sets high standards of performance and a strong culture of accountability by leading decisively and implemented processes to drive efficient and sustainable results
- Champion the Company culture - Puts Company's interests first - always - and works across the enterprise to promote transparency, collaboration and diverse perspectives to strengthen partnerships and achieve common goals