Founded in 1988 by Kenneth Picerne, The Picerne Group is an investment company that focuses on distressed debt, apartment acquisition, land acquisition, entitlement and apartment development. The Picerne Group creates above market returns by strategically capitalizing on its most significant competitive advantage: the ability to finance the acquisition of unentitled land. The Picerne Group acquires premium sites for multifamily development in areas that are supply constrained and have growing employment.
The Picerne Group's development business focuses on Class A properties in its core markets of Southern California, Denver and Las Vegas. The Picerne Group is positioned to capitalize on rare development opportunities because of its liquidity and banking relationships. Additionally, its entrepreneurial yet professional approach to investing allows the company to take measured entitlement risk that institutional investors and less well capitalized sponsors cannot.
The VP of Development will work with the President of Development to identify and execute multifamily development opportunities primarily in Southern California. The primary role of this position will be to oversee, manage and coordinate all aspects of the development process, including site identification, due diligence, entitlements and the design process.
The successful candidate will be a highly organized, detail oriented, creative individual who has the capability of solving complex problems for a wide array of challenges and opportunities associated with each real estate development project. Keen negotiating skills and the ability to collaborate, along with a sense of urgency and commitment to mutual success, are essential. A positive and outgoing attitude, along with a willingness to take on a wide variety of challenges and opportunities, is equally important. Candidate will be a team player who has the ability to partner with other team members within the organization, as well as with external consultants, to achieve the best outcome on each project.
- Manage, lead and coordinate multiple project teams, including architects, engineers, planners, legal counsel, construction consultants, finance and marketing consultants, and other consultants as required to entitle, design and construct Class A apartment communities
- Work closely and collaborate with government officials (local, State and Federal) and local professional, political and community member organizations
- Make presentations at any public hearings as required
- Negotiate, manage and implement conditions of approval and any required mitigation measures for each project
- Provide interface between project team and Construction Department during the bidding and construction process
- Actively manage any changes to the project (scope, costs and schedule) using appropriate verification techniques
- 10 - 15 years of relevant real estate development experience with a demonstrated focus in the multi-family sector
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with a demonstrated ability to work with and present to high level executives, elected officials and other professional and community leaders
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Power Point
- Strong understanding of real estate financial underwriting models
- Strong understanding of the design and construction components and processes of multi-family development projects