The Business Marketing organization drives the narrative around Facebook for Business and our Ads and Partnerships solutions across a variety of audiences, products, and vertical segments around the world. The Vice President of Global Business Marketing, North America (US and Canada) will help unlock growth with our marketers, advertisers, and partners through the development and delivery of in-market marketing strategy and plans.
The successful candidate will lead Facebook's regional high-performance, high-creativity, highly collaborative global environment. This role will own North America's marketing strategy to drive audience engagement, advance brand recognition and consumer trust, and effectively tell the story of advancing economic empowerment for businesses big and small through leveraging the suite of tools and services that Facebook has to offer.
People from all backgrounds, with diverse experiences, perspectives, and ideas, rely on Facebook to build community, and so to bring the world closer together, diversity is a must-have for Facebook, not an option. Facebook offers people who work here opportunities to find work that matters to them, understanding that finding meaningful work can be different for everyone. The role reports to the Global Vice President of Customer Marketing.
- Lead a team of marketers in North America (US, Canada) across industry leading creative campaigns, insightful thought leadership, systematic frameworks, and unparalleled storytelling, marketing, customer advocacy and engagement
- Demonstrate marketing prowess across a wide range of marketing channels, creative, collateral development, events, sponsorships, B2B media buying, social media, case studies, creative teams and more
- Develop and synthesize customer insights, macro and micro trends, and leading initiatives for teams to leverage as part of the narrative and story. Lead the team of insights marketers in-region developing this work
- Oversee marketing programs developed for 20+ verticals, partnering with global teams and business product marketing to land custom solutions by vertical
- Communicate as the internal face of Global Business Marketing (GBM) in North America and occupy seats in global work streams to drive key strategies on behalf of the region and the globe
- Drive the strategy with key cross functional partners in legal, privacy, communications, consumer marketing, product teams and the public policy team
- Lead new product launches in the region in partnership with business product marketing and product teams
- Responsible for leading and growing a large diverse regional and in-market team and managing a budget to ensure the team delivers impact as well as contributing to the global strategies across GBM
- Act as a spokesperson on key topics including the marketing and advertising industry, DE&I focus areas, leadership and more
- Interface with C-level executives across the company sharing strategies, ideas and solutions
- Oversee and report on the efficacy of all marketing efforts across a range of audiences and initiatives
- 18+ years of experience in a B2B and/or B2C marketing leadership role
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment, including expertise in leading through others and a track record of leading successful cross functional programs
- Creativity, energy and significant analytical and marketing rigor experience
- Experience managing creative and media departments along with external agencies
- Experience managing large organizations (100+) made up of managers including setting direction, building plans, and coaching teams for success
- Experience working directly with engineering and product to develop solutions
- Experience and knowledge of audience segments (businesses, agencies, marketing partners, policy, influencers, consumers)
- Experience in operational efficiency through automation of tools and processes
- Experience in handling high profile press and industry engagements
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at accommodations-ext@.