Development Supply Chain (DSC) owns the end-to-end delivery of products, process knowledge and technology solutions to enable Amgen's accelerated product commercialization. The DSC business spans from demand and supply planning, sourcing, manufacturing to distribution of products to support clinical trials globally. As an integral part of Process Development organization, DSC provides an innovation ecosystem to advance differentiating multi-modality capabilities and gain insight in development and regulated environment in support of product and process development.
The Transportation and Innovation Specialist reports to the Director DSC and develops and drives a portfolio of groundbreaking projects for DSC logistics network and distribution processes! You will represent DSC in cross-functional, company-wide initiatives and networks and ensure alignment between DSC and the rest of Amgen's internal and external logistics networkResponsibilities include:
- Supports organizational leadership in setting-out and delivering of short, mid-term and long-term strategy for logistics and transportation
- Provides cross-functional initiative support and works with teams to tackle business problems
- Provides valuation and validation via business case support for the organization to value ideas, options and potential investments
- Supports idea generation to ensure a pipeline of ongoing projects and pending ideas to align with short- and long-term objectives
- Supports creation and application of intelligence tools in the area of transportation and budget management. Drives tools roll-out and adoption by individual functional areas.
- Owns and drives execution of assigned project portfolio
- Represents the team/ department in cross-functional/ cross-site networks and projects
- Represents the DSC team in internal and external audits and inspections
- Effectively manages assigned distribution budget and continuously seeks efficiency opportunities.
- Drives root cause analysis and performance analysis and risk assessment develop action plans to improve or mitigate risk with departments involved.
- Collects, processes and reports out all data and KPI related to logistics, transportation and distribution budget.
Master's Degree & 2 years of Supply Chain experience
Bachelor's Degree & 4 years of Supply Chain experience
Associate's degree & 10 years of Supply Chain experienceOr
High school diploma/GED & 12 years of Supply Chain experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences, Engineering or Business
- 5 + years of work experience in the planning, manufacturing and global distribution of medicinal products
- Proven track record of leading transformational efforts and cross-functional projects
- 3 + years organizational or program management (leading teams, cross-functional problem solving, performance management, budget oversight, process development and improvement)
- 3+ years of supply chain management using SAP (logistics, supply planning, demand management)
- APICS CPIM/CIRM certification
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Thinks strategically, has a general understanding of company priorities and direction and translates these into actionable plans
- Team player in cross-functional and international setting
- Provides guidance in the design and implementation of organization-wide projects and systems
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.