AMP is looking for a Super Tech to support our design and test teams. If you enjoy reworking and fixing PCB's this is the role will be of interest to you!Location:
Southern California (Paramount, CA).Description:
- Fabricate and/or modify existing cable harnesses, test setups, and fixtures.
- Install equipment and other components to test setups.
- Perform detailed circuit board modification (adding jumper wires, soldering/disordering of components, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and root cause test failures and issues.
- Maintain detailed logs of testing and repair work.
- Maintain inventory of replacement parts.
- 2-4 years of related work experience or training.
- Strong problem-solving skills for diagnosing problems.
- Strong soldering skills.
- Able to read electrical schematics and data sheets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in the form of generating reports, summarizing issues and their resolution, speaking with team members (engineers, project managers, programmers).
- Experience with MS Word and Excel.
- Engineering Degree preferred, not required.
- Ability to solder SMD fine-pitched parts.
- Good understanding of analog and digital circuit.
- Mechanical aptitude for building equipment that includes wiring, sheet metal, circuit cards, potting materials, conformal coatings, etc.
Powered by JazzHR