Vaco Los Angeles is currently working with a client on an exciting role as a Staff Accountant. This role will execute a variety of financial procedures, including month-end and year-end closings, accounts payable, general ledger entries, and bank reconciliations. If you're looking to start the new year with a great company, apply now!
Job Duties Include:
- Prepare and analyze financial statements for various entities monthly.
- Perform bank reconciliations for complex bank accounts and prepare related journal entries.
- Process employee expense reports and submit for payment
- Prepare and automate standard monthly journal entries.
- Audit and post Daily Reports
- Vendor maintenance - maintaining W9 forms from new vendors and maintaining current vendors.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual closings.
- Various administrative tasks - e.g. filing hard/soft copy invoices and other documents
- Assist the Accounting Team with other ad-hoc projects as needed
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred but not required
- 1-3 years' experience in a staff accountant role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel - vlookups, pivot tables, Word, and Outlook)
- Experience working with Netsuite/other ERP systems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and take ownership of work product
- Excellent written and oral communication skills