Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for the production of accurate and timely monthly financial reports for approximately multiple and may have some Accounts Payable responsibilities as well. The Staff Accountant will provide oversight for AP Specialist and AR activities and must have a solid foundation in GAAP, and must be a team player.
- Review balance sheets and income statements for accuracy. Analyze variances to budget and work with the Regional Manager on any trends or inconsistencies.
- Review all AP and AR entries for correct GL posting, and reconcile to the GL.
- Work closely with the Accounting Manager to meet the needs of the owner or asset manager.
- Report any irregularities to appropriate management.
- Ensure audit compliance and maintain all support documents. Respond to auditor's inquiries in a timely and complete manner.
- Analyze data and make appropriate recommendations on special projects as needed.
- Accurate and timely production of monthly financial reports.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for all cash accounts.
- Prepare journal entries as needed for the general ledger.
- Maintain prepaid and accrual schedules for various accounts.
- Knowledge of GAAP principles.
- Solid writing and verbal communication skills.
- BS in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience and at least one year experience as an accountant.
- Ability to work well with peers, auditors, clients and management.
- Flexibility to work on and prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Strong problem solving skills, including problem identification, analysis and ability to make reasonable and logical recommendations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs such as WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK.
- Experience with an ERP Software is ideal.
- Medical, dental and vision care; preventative medical care paid at 100%.
- Vacation leave of up to ten days per year in the first year.
- Up to 72 hours of sick time per year.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent Care.
- Company paid Life AD&D Long Term Disability.
- Free, confidential counseling through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Commuter benefit program.
- Discounts for AT&T, ClassPass, and Weight Watchers.
- $50 annual Wellness Reimbursement.
- Matching 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan of up to 2% of your compensation (for any employee who works 20 hours or more per week).
Compensation - $50k - $65k DOE
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.