Wagstaff is a leader in hospitality marketing. We provide a full suite of branding, advertising, and marketing services to those who excel in the world of hospitality, including restaurants, hotels, travel destinations, and wine and spirits, amongst others.
Wagstaff is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and welcoming team. We operate on the belief that we are stronger together. At Wagstaff, you will be a part of an intrepid, transparent, genuine, and sharing culture where we strive to make things better for our team members, clients, and communities.
About the Staff Accountant Position
Under the direction of our Controller, the Staff Accountant will provide A/R and A/P support, and assistance in the preparation of financial statements and other projects as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
We are looking for an individual who is genuinely passionate about helping others and collaborating across departments and time zones. The ideal candidate will express initiative and possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on strong interpersonal skills and a solution-oriented approach.
The responsibilities of the Staff Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- All aspects of A/P
- Reviewing expense reports using Chrome River expense management software
- Client invoicing
- Adjusting journal entries
- Various projects using Microsoft Excel
The ideal candidate:
- Has 2+ years of experience working in accounting software (preferably software other than QuickBooks), performing all aspects of A/P, including 1099 processing
- Is proficient with Outlook and Excel and understands basic Excel formulas
- Is familiar with GAAP, particularly revenue and expense recognition
- Is resourceful, takes ownership, and can handle multiple projects at a time
- Exhibits strong organizational skills and very close attention to detail
For more information on Wagstaff please visit