Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this jobJob Description
We are excited to announce an opening for an experienced, creative, and passionate Senior Research Associate in our growing team in Emeryville!
The team is mainly focused on, but not limited to, preclinical stage development of CAR T based therapies for hematologic malignancies. The work will contribute to the company's long-term vision of expanding next-generation cell therapies for other types of cancers!
In this role, you will be part of a cell biology research division focused on engineering approaches to enhance CAR T safety and anti-tumor activity.
The successful candidate will have a strong immunology/ cancer immunotherapy background. Hands-on experience with T cell therapy research and development is a plus. Direct experience with hematopoietic stem cell-related research work is favored. He or she will be expected to work in a collaborative cross-functional team environment, perform experiments, organize and analyze results, communicate effectively, and present findings in team meetings.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications and Experience
- Employ viral-based strategies for the genetic modification of T cells with chimeric antigen receptors (CARs)
- Culture and characterize CAR T cells
- Plan and execute in vitro functional assays with human T cells according to project timelines and goals
- Assist in the design of new next-generation CAR T receptors
- Assist in the design of murine models/experiments to evaluate CAR T cell function in vivo
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of immunotherapy field
- Coordinate tasks across projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning
- Effectively communicate plans and results in both oral and written form
- BS or MS degree in Immunology/Cell Biology
- 3+ years Industry/academic experience in the Immunology/immunotherapy field (Immunotherapy background strongly preferred)
- Excellent mammalian cell/tissue culture and sterile technique required
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry and data analysis (FACSDiva, FlowJo) required
- Experience with primary T cell-based assays (cytotoxicity assays, cell proliferation assays, cytokine secretion, etc.) required
- Experience in viral gene delivery required
- Experience in protein engineering and characterization preferred
- Record of publication in peer-reviewed journals preferred
- Experience with automated liquid handling equipment and procedures desired
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment with strong organizational skills and record keeping.
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors.
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit . Sign up to on Twitter at .For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.