PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Sr. Formulation Technician position in Pleasanton, CA
What will you do?
The new COVID-19 value stream at the Pleasanton site is seeking a Scientist I, Formulation with experiences in the area of biology/biotechnology to support our manufacturing operations in the executing of production flows as well as reporting and documentation of production results. This position will be responsible for formulation and QC preparation for production of MS2 Phage under limited supervision. This role requires strong time management and organization and ability to participate effectively in multidisciplinary teams to solve problems in manufacturing environment
How will you get here?
- BS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or equivalent knowledge and experience in manufacturing environment is beneficial.
- 1-2 years of experience in manufacturing or R&D with demonstrated competency in the use of molecular biology techniques.
- Experience in process improvement, i.e.: Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Office, Teams, Word) is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience working with Supervisor to identify issues, resource needs and improvement opportunities. Offer suggestions for resolution/improvements.
- Consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities.
- Ability to track record of problem solving through root cause analysis, well designed experiments, data analysis and interpretation.
- Solid technical writing and verbal skills as evidenced by the ability to prepare technical reports, product transfer documents, clear and effective manufacturing protocols and SOPs.
- Experience in participating and leading in Continues Improvement- Practical Process Improvement (PPI) events and problem solving. Experience in driving the PPI business system by encouraging employees to put JDIs in and using the PPI process to drive improvements.
- Manage employee time and attendance through Workday.
- Participate in project implementation.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$