About the job:
The thrill of walking around inside video games has blown the minds of players at our commercial venues. We plan to take our success in commercial entertainment and scale it into the home.
We're seeking a software engineering leader who likes a challenge. In the past, we've outsourced most of our platform software development. Now, while still maintaining external partnerships, you'll help us build an in-house team of application, front-end, full stack, and back-end developers. You and your team will architect and develop our content distribution platform, including a VR game store, API services, and user interfaces for players and game developers.
As well as leading a team, you're a person who naturally gets "hands on keyboard" and develops software yourself. You're comfortable navigating the fast-paced, fast-changing environment of a growing startup. And you're equipped with the planning skills you'll need to bring us to market on time and on budget. You'll report directly to the CEO and, if successful, you will advance to a director-level position .
This is a rare opportunity to play a vital role at a well-funded startup. We're breaking new ground in home entertainment, bringing the world one step closer to the metaverse. We invite you to join our mission to launch and deliver our popular gaming experience to millions of homes around the world.
- Build a team to develop our content distribution platform and bring this product to market.
- Help us select the ideal architecture for our latest products and guide your team's adherence to the architecture.
- Direct the work of team members, providing effective leadership, performance feedback, and skills development.
- Set project timelines and budgets for internal and outsourced resources.
- Establish a product vision and roadmap to help guide the future direction of our products.
Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of software development experience with a track record of leading teams and bringing consumer products to market
- AWS cloud architecture experience and/or certification required
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Agile SDLC and using Agile tools
- Knowledge of modern DevSecOps processes, tools, and mindsets in a cloud environment
- Game industry experience is a plus (but not essential)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
You'll join a talented team that is delivering a new wave of immersive entertainment for the home. You'll have a unique chance to influence the entertainment industry and become part of our story as a venture-funded tech startup.
We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation package including stock options
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Open vacation policy
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Casual work environment at a fast-growing Austin tech startup