The Facebook Network Systems Team is part of the overall Facebook Infrastructure organization and develops software for our entire network. We cover our ever-growing data centers, the global backbone that connects all our locations, and our edge points-of-presence. Our software stacks cover everything from our own programmable switch software (FBOSS) to our platform for modeling, automation, and monitoring of the entire network, to network-wide control systems, analytics, and planning/design tools. We are looking for a leader who will lead a small team that will be responsible for all the networking infrastructure that underpins FB AI workloads. This spans the design and operations of AI networking infra including the network switches and host side systems as well as forward-looking projects such as transport evolution. Specific experience developing distributed systems for ML environments is required. Exposure to systems software and end-to-end congestion control would be ideal. Awareness of interactions of hardware components like NIC, GPUs, and network switches would be preferred. Generally, we embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Software Engineering Managers are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility. You have also kept your coding skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.
- Be a highly Technical Manager with deep experience in networking, systems, and software
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- Help define and drive regular development of an aggressive technical roadmap to meet the needs of the team, and partner teams
- Partner closely with Facebook AI infrastructure, Hardware, Datacenter, and Backbone network engineering teams and other software infrastructure teams
- Manage a diverse team of software and network engineers and managers working to build, scale, deploy and support network systems for our global network infrastructure
- Operate in a rapidly evolving environment, adapting quickly to new information and re-prioritizing as needed
- 10+ years experience managing a networking-related software engineering team
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in one of the following - Machine Learning, HPC workloads, RDMA, InfiniBand, transport protocols like TCP/IP
- Knowledge of networking and distributed systems
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at accommodations-ext@.