Internet Brands is looking for a Senior Technical Project Management to manage a complex project portfolio within our Legal vertical. You will partner with senior technology members to steward key projects within our strategic road map, serving as Institute-traffic control for our business.
The Ideal Candidate
You are a project management guru - a perfect mix of prioritization genius and organization prowess. You see the big picture, you quickly recognize what it takes to achieve it, and you drive results. While you know all of the methodologies, tools and tricks of the trade, you know that reaching the right oCompanyomes is far more important than your obsession with status reports. Your role is to keep things moving, avoiding bureauCompanycy and bottlenecks. People love working with you because you engage all the right players and you know how to get stuff done along the path of least resistance.
- General management of web/software projects.
- Work with product, business and development to effectively drive projects from concept to launch.
- Work with internal development team to execute against requirements.
- Ensure projects are launched according to published schedules.
- Keep business owners up to date on project status and potential issues.
- Resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- Enhance project management process to accomOrganizationate rapidly changing software needs.
- Participate in product discussions and provide ideas.
- Help mentor junior project managers in terms of SDLC, agile processes, and technical skills.
- 6-8 years of experience in a project manager role, or equivalent experience leading development teams (ideally in a web/software company).
- Understanding of project processes (scheduling, documentation, risk analysis, and contingency planning).
- Strong understanding of development process, including development, testing, and deployment, as well as work breakdown, dependencies, responsibilities (full SDLC).
- Utilization of latest trends in PM tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Proficiency in AGILE/SCRUM methodologies.
- Strong ability to use/manage project management tracking/reporting tools (eg. JIRA/Greenhopper).
- SEO and SEM experience a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills.
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem solving skills.
- People management skills; mentoring and coaching experience.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff.