At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Senior Electronics Design Engineer specializing in Power Supply and Analog Circuit Design. As part of Boeing's Space & Missile Systems division, Satellite Systems manages the company's major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions. Satellite Systems oversees the design, development, manufacture, integration and testing of satellites. This position is located in El Segundo, CA.
Your dreams go beyond Planet Earth. You are innovative, creative, and challenge the status quo. You work well in teams while also having the ability to work assignments autonomously. Here at Satellite Systems you will collaborate with leaders in space innovation and pave the way in creating the world's best satellites. You will be a leader in space innovation.
- Design and development of state-of-the art electronics for space-based applications
- Duties will include circuit design, requirements and interface definition, modeling and analysis, testing, performance and design verification - with emphasis on Power Supply and Analog Circuit Design.
- Technical support for production and test of space-qualified electronics
- Power conditioning electronics, control system design and theory
- Work supporting satellite communications systems
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance post start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Electrical Engineering degree
- Experience with analog power electronics
- 6 or more years of experience with power supply circuitry
- 6 or more years of experience designing with Power Electronics and Analog Circuits
- 6 or more years of experience in the development of test system requirements and verification methodologies
- 6 or more years of experience mentoring early career engineers
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with circuit design for Space Applications
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors with 10 or more years of experience, Masters with 8 or more years of experience or PhD with 5 or more years of experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Electrical Engineering.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (eg Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (eg PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.