Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this jobJob Description
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of Senior Manager, Technical Operations Portfolio Management to work in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This individual will work closely with Technical Operations functions and manufacturing sites to drive portfolio management of Technical Operations (Tech. Ops) cross-functions Portfolio (IT, Capital, CMC, and Regulatory) and Technical Operations cross-functional projects.Responsibilities:
- Partner with senior leaders and governance bodies to ensure transparent and informed decision making across Tech Ops Cross-Functional Portfolio (IT, Capital, CMC, and Regulatory) and projects.
- Develop and deploy tools for portfolio planning process for the Technical Operations
- Own portfolio management improvements to resource forecasting, prioritization, cost planning, and risk management
- Collaborate with - project teams, and functional business operations units to establish centralized portfolio communications and drive on-time and aligned execution
- Lead global standardization of portfolio management and drive adoption
- Drive implementation of improvements to Tech Ops portfolio governance and network
- Leverage best practices and integrate creative analytical approaches to enhance portfolio planning and performance
- Enable portfolio performance discussions and decisions at recurring executive business reviews
- Support Technical Operations capabilities development in the areas of portfolio / program / project management and business performance & excellence
- Bachelor's degree with at least 8+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience or MS degree in science with 6+ years' experience
- MBA or PhD is a plus
- At least 5+ years of experience in portfolio or program management with a strong understanding of drug development and corporate governance
- Experience in managing cross-function portfolio management including IT, Capital, CMC. Regulatory and Technical.
- Strategic thinking, strong business acumen, ability to manage complexity, and proven communication skills at all levels in the organization
- Collaborative individual, able to influence without authority and engage senior leaders and functional partners proactively
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly fluid company environment with minimal direction
- Demonstrates respect, focuses on delivering value, and embraces learning and continual improvement
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit . Sign up to on Twitter at .For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.