Harbor Freight's Sr. Manager of Marketing Strategy & Operations is a versatile business athlete who assists in setting and driving overall department strategy, goals and KPIs, driving process improvements, and maintaining strong relationships with cross-functional partners.
The role has a particular emphasis on driving collaboration and continuous improvement independently on multiple projects with limited direction. The Sr. Manager will partner closely and support the VP of Marketing as well as the leaders across the Marketing and Merchandising departments to help develop and execute our cross-channel marketing strategy. This role will be responsible for ensuring that operational processes are efficient, cost-effective, and meet the organization's strategic objectives.
The Sr. Manager is deeply involved in Harbor Freight's Marketing processes - both optimizing our core marketing efforts as well as helping to deliver on new strategic initiatives, such as our evolving efforts with our retained agency, social and digital media channels and future print media endeavors. This involves deep stakeholder management across our Merchant, Promo Planning, Merchandising Operations, Catalog, National Media, Email, Digital, Packaging & Branding and Creative Design teams.
This role is also involved in navigating ambiguity and delivering on evolving objectives to drive the business. This position is responsible for ensuring the teams are maintaining the highest level of execution and escalating issues when necessary. The Sr. Manager owns and implements numerous initiatives to augment our capabilities to better market and merchandise our products.
Overall, the Sr. Manager is responsible for thinking about the bigger picture and ensuring that each team's priorities are aligned with the department and organization's goals.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist with setting and developing marketing strategy and department goals. Partner closely with teams to ensure successful implementation and execution
- Provide project leadership and support to cross-functional teams tasked with improving the overall effectiveness of the marketing planning and production functions, including task prioritization, campaign design, and channel coordination
- Maintain strong relationships with cross-functional partners, especially Merchandising, Store Operations, Finance, Inventory, Global Sourcing, Quality Assurance, and Legal. Ensure teams are working closely together to meet deadlines. Escalate projects as needed.
- Execute and implement new initiatives / special projects as needed
- Develop, track and drive success in operating and financial KPIs
- Consistently push for continuous improvement across the department to help teams to effectively meet their goals
- Conduct macro business reviews of monthly deliverables (email, social, digital, website, print, etc.) to ensure marketing and Company goals are met
- Set-up and manage successful and on-time intake function for creative assets for marketing, merchandising and other team requests, including coordination with the appropriate marketing teams to vet and prioritize
- Assist in the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of a calendar that includes deadline for key decisions relating to marketing events
- Act as Project Manager for integrating new procedures and technology into the appropriate processes across the department
- Manage the coordination of cross-department deliverables
- Drive process improvement across the department
- Coordinate testing and ensuring results are read and appropriately reported
- Review systems and processes to ensure scalability with growth of the Company
- Bachelors' Degree preferably with a Business major or related field - MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience required
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, think outside the box and provide a continuous flow of new ideas and process improvements
- Results-oriented. Ability to execute and carry out strategic and operational plans
- Excellent time management and planning skills, organized with the ability to multitask, exceptional follow up skills and able to meet deadlines
- Refined critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills with desire to make data-driven decisions
- Able to maintain and develop internal and external relationships
- Self-starter, can take limited direction and run with a project
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 43 year-old, $5 billion company with over 1,100 stores, opening 2-3 new stores a week with over 40 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977.