With over 20 million members and more than 1 million listings, GOAT is the world's largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. The GOAT Engineering team builds and maintains the core services of our platform, which serve as the backbone for our web, mobile, and internal applications.
As a Senior Engineer, youre expected to:
- Be a part of a highly collaborative and innovative team, expanding the mobile and desktop web experience.
- Share ownership of a high-traffic consumer-facing web application, averaging over 10 million monthly visitors.
- Review code and mentor other engineers, including pair programming and presenting Show and Tells.
- Partner with product, design, marketing, and QA to deliver MVP-scoped features and validate its impact.
- Be an advocate for innovation; research and prove out the latest web capabilities and features.
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience developing consumer-facing single-page applications (React, Angular, etc.)
- Experience writing and using unit tests to build maintainable and flexible code
- Experience building highly performant NodeJS backend-for-frontends
- Experience writing and maintaining unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Experience optimizing web performance (time-to-first byte, time-to-first paint, perceived performance)
- Experience with working in a continuous delivery ecosystem
- Experience with A/B testing
- Huge plus if you have experience with microservices and/or micro-frontends
- Huge plus if you have experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Golang
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world's leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.