Senior Accountant Public/Private CPA
- Seeking a strong Accountant (CPA) out of public accounting for a strong company here locally. It would be necessary to have at least 2 years public accounting and ideally a mix of public and private experience.
- Main responsibilities will include driving the month end close, and internal financial reporting.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and intercompany eliminations.
- Assist with Technical Accounting research.
- Manage cash flows, reconciling cash and investments
- Assist with preparation of footnotes, audit schedules, reports, supporting schedules, and ad hoc analysis.
- Analyze G&A (General & Administrative) cost center analysis, variance analysis, and reporting to Department Managers.
- Month-end activities, journal entries, GL & account reconciliation, and accruals.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements to assess the company performance and develop dashboards of key metrics.
- Account analysis to review monthly variances between actual and budgeted expenses and to ensure expenses are posted to correct accounts.
- Position offers an outstanding quality of work/life balance.
- Strong communication and presentation skills would be necessary because it has high level of exposure and would be on fast track for promotion.
- Position pays very competitive base, plus bonus, and offers superior benefits.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related from 4 year accredited university with a strong GPA.
- CPA ideal or on track.
- At least 2+ years of experience of public accounting or at minimum on track for CPA license.
- Advanced Excel, strong communication, ability to multi-task on concurrent projects
If you meet these requirements, please apply and/or contact Thomas Trout. If you already have met a VACO representative, let them know you are interested.