Are you able to seamlessly transition into and between complex projects? Can you synthesize dense information and prioritize project goals? Do you excel at identifying a clear-cut plan of action and are able to quickly identify the resources needed? Do you have experience managing clients and the ability to best understand their unique needs (both stated and unstated), and then both craft and execute creative, comprehensive integrated communication and marketing plans to match?
Are you able to maintain a holistic view of projects without losing track of the details? Are you comfortable acting quickly and decisively in a collaborative environment to keep projects on time and on budget? And, because we are champions of new and innovative approaches,
our PR Agency Senior Account Managers need to be able to rely on their ability to persuasively pitch non-traditional ideas in ways that inspire client confidence.
The person in this position should be comfortable with public speaking and working with diverse communities. In addition, this person must have experience developing integrated communications programs to reach diverse audiences, including branding, marketing, digital media, advertising, public education and engagement. Creativity, flexibility, adaptability and ingenuity are extremely important qualities of the best candidate. It's essential you have excellent writing and presentation skills and a good understanding of social media tools. Knowledge of infographics, graphic design capabilities and data analysis experience is a huge plus!
The ideal candidate has excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and work well independently and with some ambiguity. You must be well organized, possess the ability to multi-task with ease and be comfortable with deadlines. Experience working with elected officials, government agencies, community groups, public education or any bureaucratic agency is a requirement.
In this exciting role, you will engage your talent as a practitioner in advertising, public relations, marketing, branding, and community engagement.
In addition, your strong foundation in research, strategic planning, budgeting, public speaking, and working with diverse communities will be useful
every day. Because you never shy away from a challenge, you'll use your knack for turning constructive criticism into constructive solutions that exceed
expectations. Perhaps most importantly, your passion for leading and delivering exceptional results will be the key to your success.
● Build and manage client relationships
● Develop, implement and manage integrated marketing, branding, media relations and communication programs
● Develop customized communications plans that includes supporting research, messaging, public engagement tools, and social media
● Write and edit outbound communications including but not limited to scopes of work, project schedules and budgets, promotional materials,
program descriptions collateral materials, proposals, website content, newsletters and annual reports
● Develop and manage public awareness campaigns, special events; community partnerships, face-to-face outreach and outreach programs
that utilize social media and online tools to engage public and facilitate the exchange of information
● Establish advocacy groups and interface with community organizations
● Establish and maintain project stakeholder information and update company databases
● Manage client communications by interfacing directly with clients to understand their needs, ambitions, limitations and concerns (both stated and implied)
● Keep current on client activities, issues, programs, and ecosystem to maintain context for client interactions and to inform recommended strategies
● Craft scopes of work, task orders and establish project budgets that effectively convey D&A's recommended approach to meet contract requirements,
client expectations and successfully execute and deliver results
● Mentor and inspire junior staff to develop their personal and professional growth
● Participate in D&A new business development activities
● Actively participate in collaborative team effort in company's proposal, RFP and RFQ processes and ability to lead the team in content crafting, messaging
and package completion
● Represent company and client objectives in all events, internal and external communication and be committed to driving company's initiatives forward
● BS/BA in a discipline related to Communications, Public Relation, Marketing, Journalism or English (a plus)
● 5+ years Agency experience-PR, Communications, Marketing or Advertising. At LEAST 2 years of Agency experience MUST by in a PR Agency.
● 1+ years in a Senior Account Manager role (strongly preferred)
● 3+ years of managing client relationships in an Agency environment
● 3+ years of managing client projects from beginning to end in an Agency environment
● 2+ years of leading project teams in an Agency environment
● 2+ years of experience putting together successful integrated communication programs for clients
● 2+ years of public sector and/or social marketing/corporate social responsibility experience (preferred)
● Above average understanding of the latest integrated marketing and communication tools and trends, including social media, multimedia production and influencer marketing
● Advanced-level comfort with Microsoft Office Suite in a Mac operating office environment and Google Drive
Key Attributes, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Gifted writer with experience to prepare or help prepare results-based or performance-based scopes of work and other useful products for our clients to encourage
their continued use of our services.
● Critical thinker conditioned to present problems but only with well-thought solutions and to solve problems at the lowest level possible.
● Proficient in the fields or skills of Advertising, Marketing, Branding, Messaging, Narrative Storytelling, Copywriting, Copy Editing, Media Relations, Social Media, Collateral Development
● Self-motivated and an independent thinker and problem solver.
● Blessed with innate creativity, flexibility, adaptability and ingenuity
● Skilled at using infographics, graphic design capabilities and data analysis.
● Strong, proven ability to communicate orally and in writing in all forums and venues
● Proactive, organized, ability to execute and meet demanding deadlines with minimal supervision and guidance
● Have a natural affinity to report up to the Director of Communications on the health of your projects.
D&A Communications is an award-winning full-service boutique communications agency with 20+ years of experience. We are a highly trusted partner serving both
public and private sector clients in San Francisco, the Bay Area and beyond. We are well-respected and have a long-standing reputation for providing exceptional services
making a difference in the lives of everyday people in our communities. Our agency specializes in developing integrated communications strategies for social justice and racial
equity initiatives, branding and advertising, corporate social responsibility, diversity and inclusion programs, reputation management, digital and social media, and implementing public engagement tactics for corporations, municipalities, urban developers, A/E firms and non-profit organizations.
Competitive salary and full benefits package offered. Candidates should have recent, relevant experience living and working in the Bay Area.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements via LinkedIn