Facebook is looking for an experienced Product Design manager to lead a team of designers. Candidates must have strong mentoring and communication skills. The role combines growing and managing a team with hands-on design. Candidates must have strong interaction skills and the ability to help shape product strategy. Candidates that can build their own designs are preferable.
- Manage and develop a team of designers, this requires setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success.
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, user research and communication design to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer when necessary.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Collaborate with teams in other offices.
- Communicate with data to drive change.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience in a people management role on a Design team.
- Minimum 5 years of design experience.
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of Interaction (UX) Design and Visual Systems Development for digital applications that work in cross browser environments.
- Experience leading product strategy.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at accommodations-ext@.