Are you a Principal Backend (Node.js) Engineer interested in highly scaled architecture? Are you interested in the SaaS software industry? If so, read on...
We are an early-stage, funded startup creating a new way to provide best-in-class Human Resources to small businesses all over the U.S. We are founded by a successful serial entrepreneur and have a top notch executive team! We have a go-getter culture where past and future entrepreneurs view their departments like small companies. Our people have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers problems should excite you! Data should guide you. Results should inspire you. We do hire remotely!
What You Will Be Doing
- Working with cross-functional team members to produce backend services to support business requirements
- Creating API services for frontend consumption
- Developing an API versioning plan to implement and maintain backward compatibility
- Planning and releasing new services and database schemas
- Strategy to increase source code automated test coverage
- Ensure API services are maintainable and debuggable through proper automated tests and logging procedures.
- Ensure deployments are handled gracefully through proper data schema management and migrations.
- Enforcing security practices to ensure data integrity
- Guiding architectural standards & best practices
- Designing complex, yet scalable & maintainable backend services & infrastructure
- Key contributor on data model design & integrity
- Being a technical leader and mentor for others - a positive multiplier for the team
What You Need for this Position
- 3+ yrs in our primary stack or close equivalent (Node/Loopback)
- Solid understanding of relational (sql) and unstructured (nosql) data modeling
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts
- Familiarity with AWS (and EKS)
- Proven record of launching and maintaining robust API services that have gone through the test of time supporting high volume transactions.
- Deep knowledge of microservice architecture and service interaction patterns
- Strong understanding of source code branching & deployment strategies
- Experience with event driven architecture
- Understanding of domain drive design modeling
- MongoDB / Postgres
- Mongoose / TypeORM
- Data Serialization: Protocol Buffers / GRPC / JSON
- DevOps experience
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline management
- Experience with test automation
- HR industry experience
What's In It for You
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Bonus opportunities
- Amazing in office perks/benefits
So if you are a Principal Backend (Node.js) Engineer with relevant experience...apply today!Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : DO2- -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Nitu Gulati-Pauly - VP of Recruiting - Optello
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.Optello is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Your Right to Work
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.