Power Supply Engineer
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Electrical Engineer at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nano-satellite and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As a Power Supply Engineer, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to develop innovative spacecraft solutions for internal and external customers.Specific Tasks And Responsibilities Will Include
- Low-level schematic design of power supplies using analog and/or digital control loops
- Complete methodical schematic and PCB layout peer reviews and rigorous documentation of results and comments.
- Hardware requirements generation, verification and validation.
- Creation of electrical block diagrams, architecture diagrams, schematics, circuit analysis, and design presentations.
- Maintenance existing schematic designs including tailoring and modifications
- Collaboration with software, mechanical and system engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems including thermal management, layout support, and harness design and routing
- Development of custom test interface hardware.
- Development of assembly procedures, test plans, and fabrication documentation.
- Cooperative debug, test and requirement verification activities.
- Contribute towards continuous technology and process improvement.
- BS or MS in EE, CPE or equivalent degree.
- Knowledge of Power Supplies in the 50W to 600W+ Range
Aerospace-specific experience is preferred.
- Competency with standard test equipment oscilloscope, power supply, multi-meter, logic analyzer.
- System debug skills.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout (preferably Altium).
- Knowledge of PCB layout best practices.
- Meticulous design documentation, and attention to detail.
- Proficient communication skills and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism.
- Experience with Bi-Directional Power Supply Design
- Experience with Regenerative Braking Systems
- Experience with inductor and transformer design for Space
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.