Manpower is hiring for a Payroll Specialist to work a project within the government sector! If you have used Lawson and/or PeopleSoft please read on! With your minimum of 6 years' experience within the payroll realm you will be able to contribute to a winning team to ensure policies/procedures are streamlined and goals are met! If you are in between jobs and looking for work during these uncertain times, please read on.
What's in it for you:
* Full Time Hours: Monday - Friday: 7AM - 4PM
* Some Overtime as needed
* 2 - 3 months assignment
* Located in Orange, CA
* Pay Rate: $21.55/hr.
What you will be doing:
* Processing payroll and completing A/P, A/R duties as directed
* Performing technical accounting duties in the review, analysis, preparation and maintenance of complex financial records, system, statements, and reports
* Responding to EDD Paid Family Leave, Disability claims and New Employee Registry Benefit Audits.
* Saving PDF documents to various directories using specific naming convention.
* Auditing time and attendance records.
* Inputting time records into HRIS system.
* Create new hire folders.
* Inputting of W4 and DE4 forms into HRIS system.
* Going into the office to print/fold/seal paychecks on a bi-weekly basis.
The Skills we are looking for:
* Someone who has a High School Diploma is Mandatory
* Someone who has used HRIS systems such as Lawson, or Peoplesoft is Mandatory
* Someone who has a minimum of six years of experience in the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of financial records and reports, three of which are at the journey level in the area of assignment, e.g., accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general accounting. Coursework in accounting or bookkeeping is preferred.
* Someone who is skilled in all Microsoft Applications including: Excel (VLOOKUP, CSV files and exporting)
* Someone who has experience working with Union Contracts
* Someone who can enter data accurately
* Someone who can apply financial record-keeping principles to the maintenance of complex accounting records.
* Someone who can make arithmetic calculations.
* Someone who can plan and organize work.
* Someone who can meet schedules and deadlines.
* Someone who can work independently with minimal supervision.
* Someone who can communicate effectively (written and verbal).
* Someone who can operate a folder/sealer machine for paychecks and W2's.
Stop your job search and apply today. Do you need more information? Text - 245 - 4321. We love referrals so please share our job with friends and family.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance