$60000.00 to $78000.00 yearly
A Payroll Analyst position has opened up with a client of Robert Half Finance and Accounting. This is not a position where the payroll software will do the earnings/rate calculations. This is a position that requires a person to be mindful of a multitude of jobs and tasks functioning at different rates. experience in candidates will understand or be able to quickly learn what is required to pay correctly according to California law and piece rate process. As the Payroll Analyst / Administrator, you will contribute in finalizing the accurate and timely production of payroll for employees. Communication-oriented professionals who are able of working in a deadline-driven environment while exceeding internal customer service expectations, may be a great fit for this role. This challenging role might be a great fit for your skills, if you are a Payroll Administrator seeking a career-building opportunity with an industry leader. This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Aptos, California area. Don't wait - submit an application today!
How you will make an impact
- Manage data entered by others in the payroll software to include, but not limited to salary/wage increases, benefit deductions, employee termination dates, and employee leaves of absence under FMLA or other unpaid leave
- Note voluntary deductions, as well as wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary authorities
- Strive towards timely processing of payroll in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles
- Go over pay practices related to FLSA, fringe benefit reporting and other payroll areas and determine how those practices apply to advise management
- Carry out regular payroll reporting as required and assist with financial audits related to pay records and associated general ledger
- Agree to current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes and other required reporting
- Be of help to staff with PTO accruals, wage deductions, fringe benefits, general questions related to payroll, and other pay related issues
- Supervise quarterly and year-end payroll reports
- Prepare systems and protocols to direct the collection, calculation and entering of pay data
- Team up with Human Resources, Information Technology, and other internal business partners to ensure security protocols for pay systems Please apply Attn: Scott MooreJob Requirements:
- 3+ years of payroll experience
- Experience in working with HRIS system and high proficiency with spreadsheets
- Payroll experience desired
- Accomplished in processing liens, various withholdings, and garnishments
Please apply Attn: Scott Moore
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you're working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.