Currently we are partnered with an amazing company who is seeking an experienced Survey Crew Chief to join their growing team. This opportunity will allow you to gain experience across a variety of markets and locales. You will be part of a growing organization and will be provided the opportunity to have a large impact in a short period of time.
The Survey Crew Chief acts as an authorized agent of the company and is responsible for delivering technically sound products that meet and exceed the needs of the clients. Makes significant decisions in cooperation with Team Leaders on assigned projects. May be responsible for assisting with marketing, business development, project management and client communication on a limited and assigned basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses professional judgement to independently complete tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Under the direction of the Team Leader, assigns and manages tasks and schedules to other project team members
- Delegate work within company Teams
- Ensures the accuracy of completed tasks through established QC/QA processes
- Completes tasks that meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Review technical documents and provide suggestions/recommendations for improvements
- Monitors and pro-actively identifies or corrects technical, schedule, or financial issues through effective communication with the Team Leader or other management staff
- Signs and seals technical documents as an authorized representative of the company (when licensed)
- Independently communicates on technical matters with clients and Team Leaders
- Experience working on residential, commercial, municipal, mixed-use, multi-family, and industrial projects a plus
- Assist in coordination of survey crews, preparation of boundary and topographical surveys, control and construction staking, metes and bounds descriptions, and general survey support for engineering design projects.
- Other duties may include project research, field investigations, and project boundary calculations.
Must have an Associate's degree in surveying or civil engineering. Ideal candidate will be professionally registered (PLS) or the ability to obtain such registration within twelve (12) months of employment. Must have 4 years of survey/field experience
Must have advanced knowledge of office automation (MS Word/Excel/Outlook), AutoCAD Civil 3D, and engineering automation tools.
We are looking forward to receiving your resume & going over the position in more detail with you.
For additional information on this posting contact Jared Hohn directly at . Resumes may be condifentially sent to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.