Workdays would be at the end of the month and would be between 8 and 9 days monthly. The workdays are generally the last 6 business days of the month and the first 2 or 3 day of the following month. Expect to work 8-hour days, however, time is flexible.
Starting with kick-off date, consultant will work 9 consecutive business days (company holidays off).
- Gather, prepare, test and maintain adequate documentation to support monthly accruals through the Service PO Accrual Process (SPOA).
- Apply judgment and correctly interpret GAAP accounting requirements to ensure accounting entries are properly recorded, substantiated and communicated.
- Partner and communicate with Requestor and Financial Analyst communities to effectively prepare monthly accruals.
- Assist SPOA database manager with preparation and analyses of monthly accrual data.
- Identify and communicate Procurement and Accounts Payable processing errors for correction.
- Participate in cross training and coverage of other Corporate Accounting areas of responsibility. Maintain flexibility to assist in other areas during periods of peak activity.
- Continually assess and design desk procedures and process flows. Ensure that these workflows are designed to maximize internal controls and efficiency.
- Education: BA/BS in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3-4 years relevant experience accounting, purchasing and or accounts payable.
- Understanding of concepts of accrual accounting.
- Strong experience with automated accounts payable and purchasing systems Oracle a plus
- Strong experience with Excel and Word.
- Excellent analytical skills. Strong organization, time management and task prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and resolve problems. Strong customer service/support skills.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities during a compressed timeframe.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization. Strong attention to detail skills a must
Opportunity is fully remote due to COVID-19, however only applicants within the Greater San Diego are will be considered.