Who Are We
We're a full service mortgage bank with an experienced staff offering expertise in every area of mortgage lending…from purchase to refinance to construction lending. We have access to a full range of mortgage sources and all of our mortgage bankers are dedicated to finding the right loan-with competitive rates, terms and costs-to meet your unique needs. But that's just the beginning of our service. Throughout the lending process, we provide regular loan updates and progress reports so you always know the status of your loan.The Position
As a Mortgage Loan Processor, you must at all times deliver an exceptional customer service attitude, be highly motivated, organized and detail oriented with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-oriented environment.Requirements
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Review AUS findings to determine documentation needed for loan submission.
- Conduct thorough review and evaluation of borrower loan file Credit reports and supporting information, income documentation / income calculation worksheet along with employment verification, asset documentation, purchase contracts, title reports, insurance and flood information and appraisals.
- Order / request credit supplements, appraisal revisions, title & escrow documents, SSA verification, flood cert, and 4506-T verification, VVOE's.
- Order Certificates of Eligibility, familiarity with the Tidewater process, residual and net income calculations to complete the VA Loan Analysis, VAIRRL requirements and calculations/worksheets.
- Obtain and accurately analyze escrow documents including vesting, amendments, payoff demands, purchase addendum
- Analyze underwriting conditions and request necessary items. Clearly and quickly communicate to the loan team what is needed from the borrowers, Escrow & Title and items you are working to obtain and follow up as needed.
- Request, review and balance to HUD (Closing Disclosure effective 10/3/15) prior to ordering loan documents.
- Review and satisfy prior to funding and post-closing conditions when required.
- Full knowledge of regulatory and compliance guidelines, particularly GFE, TIL, and Estimated HUD (Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure effective 10/3/15). Ability to re- disclose and accurately complete Change in Circumstance when needed, meeting required disclosure waiting periods.
- Familiarity with MI types and terms. Experience requesting and analyzing MI certs and submitting for MI underwriting approval. Reviewing MI details in Encompass for accuracy/completeness
- Experience with FHA & VA guidelines specific to borrower eligibility, mortgage history, appraisal, and cash requirements.
- Ability to pull FHA Case Number / Case Query and CAIVRS, analyze MIP refunds for FHA streamlined refinances
Knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA/VA loan process and standard guidelines. Proficient with mortgage operating systems, preferably Encompass. Experience with Paperless and E-Documents. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Outlook, Excel, Word Ability to multi task and shift priorities. Flexibility to work in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- At least 5+ years Loan Processing experience.
What we offer
- Opportunities for advancement
- For qualifying employees benefits include
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
- Generous Vacation, Sick, Holiday pay
Point Mortgage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment.