Emergency Vehicle Group, Inc. is a leading emergency vehicle dealer and service center for fire apparatus, ambulances, command and specialty vehicles that is adding to our service operations.
We are seeking highly skilled heavy truck mechanic to work on fire apparatus, ambulances and other emergency vehicles. Experience with air brakes, heavy truck components, hydraulics, water pumps, and aerial devices, complex electrical systems is expected.
Please submit resume, employment and salary history.
Qualified Applicants Only.Essential Job Functions
- Repair and maintain various types of emergency vehicles, such as pumpers, aerials, ambulances and other vehicles.
- Perform preventative maintenance and inspections on heavy truck chassis and fire components.
- Major repairs on fire pumps, aerials, hydraulic systems, air brakes and electrical systems.
- Travel to customers sites for repairs as needed.
- Perform work as directed by Service Manager
- Other duties as assigned and can vary daily
- Ensures shop cleanliness and maintenance on a regular basis.
- Processes and tracks repair orders.
- Performs road tests on vehicles in order to assure roper operating levels.
- Operates computer to document repair work and maintenance on a daily basis.
- Monitors and advises all safety related issues related the shop area, vehicles and wherever maintenance is being performed.
- Available to perform emergency repair work after hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Preferred Education, Experience And Certifications
- Reads and follows simple to complicated instructions, schematics and other information contained in repair manuals or the diagnosis and repair of fire and EMS vehicles and equipment.
- Performs calculations and works with numbers to solve problems.
- Reads and understands reference books and complicated procedures and manuals.
- Pays attention to detail while ensuring crews observe safety precautions.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and precautions.
- Appropriately records repairs and parts used.
Environmental Factors And Conditions / Physical Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED and 2+ year mechanical repair and maintenance work or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Class B or A CDL Driver's License
- ASE Mechanic certification preferred
- Must obtain Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT)certification within 1 year of hire date.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, physical, criminal background and MVR check.
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS UTILIZED
- Work is performed in an automotive repair shop and on customer's sites.
- May be subject to bending, twisting, reaching, kneeling and lifting such as retrieving and replacing materials, supplies and inventory or when performing preventative maintenance and repair of vehicles and heavy equipment.
- May be subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals and fumes common to automotive repair shops.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Operates various emergency vehicles and equipment on an as-needed basis (for testing purposes)
- Operates computer, copy machine, fax machine, telephone and all shop related equipment as needed.
- Operates volt ohm meter, ampmeter, pressure gauges, nozzle and valve repair kits, calibrating tools for engines, rakes, micrometers and dial calipers, welders, grinders, torch, brazing rod, precision gauges, inspection and diagnostic equipment.
- Must have own tools.