Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Abbott Structural Heart division in Menlo Park, home of the life-saving MitraClip medical device, is looking for a Production Supervisor on our manufacturing line. This role will lead a team of Technical Trainers who provide certification of assembly technicians to specific Manufacturing Process Instructions, on a schedule determined by the needs and demand of the Production team. The Manager of Manufacturing Training plays a key role in identifying and meeting emerging training needs for the Production team, as well as the support of new product introductions. This role will also be responsible for the administration of the Learning Management System and document language translation support.
The strength of the Manufacturing Training team is mission critical to the success of the Manufacturing group.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works with Production management to prioritize and schedule certification training across all areas of Production
- Develops and delivers new training courses in the areas of manufacturing skills and processes, quality system/GMP practices and requirements, Demand Flow Technology, information technology tools, auditing and other subjects as required
- Maintains ownership of training certification program including all processes and corresponding SOPs/DOPs and work instructions, drives continuous improvement and innovation in training and certification business processes
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the training system based on product quality data, safety data, management and employee feedback, training and certification results, DHR review findings and other data to be determined.
- Responsible for supporting manufacturing process instructions (MPI) development for new product introductions
- Partners with Production management to develop and track appropriate control methods and key performance indicators (KPIs) to quantitatively measure team success
- Responsible for the forecast and scheduling of all team resources, assignment of projects and team deliverables, overall quality and completion of team deliverables in alignment with organizational launch timelines and regulatory requirements
- Leadership and coordination of budget development, staff planning, organizational design, and strategy to anticipate and ensure readiness for future business needs
- Oversees administration of the Learning Management System for the Production organization
- Supports document language translation requests
- Minimum 5 years of applicable work experience, with at least 3 years of previous management or supervisory experience preferred. Experience in the medical device industry is preferred, specifically in the area of manufacturing.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Experience with Adobe software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Encore)
- Demonstrated ability to create and use actionable data to drive key business decisions
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Proven experience with instructional design
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Great writer and talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly, and accurately to engineering and non-technical audiences.
- Capable of maintaining a rapid pace: moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once.
- Pragmatic, organized and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and do, strong on detail and highly organized.