Research Program Managers build and scale global research programs to strengthen the impact of our world-class UX Research organization. We do this by implementing processes, connecting teams, and problem solving operational hurdles to enable researchers to do their most impactful work. As a manager, this role will support a team of program managers embedded within the UX Research organization working across the Facebook family of apps. Our brand and community program managers work on programs to facilitate connection, diversity, and inclusion within the organization while also working on key outreach opportunities to showcase our brand externally. Our pillar program managers are dedicated to specific research teams and provide structure by driving efficiency, cultivating relationships, increasing knowledge sharing, and building capacity within their respective Research pillar. In this role you must be able to articulate the vision of the team to cross-functional partners and be a strong advocate for the role of program management. This will require working closely with stakeholders across the UX Research function in addition to Recruiting, HR, Diversity, and Communication orgs.
The ideal candidate will bring thought leadership and creative solutions to a growing organization. As an authentic and inspiring leader, you see management as an opportunity to develop team strengths and increase impact, while adapting your leadership style to match an individual's unique needs or situations. We are looking for a leader that values collaboration and is well experienced with building influence in cross-functional partnerships, proactively identifying and solving complex operational gaps within an organization. To succeed in this role you will need to be able to thrive in a flat, fast-moving organization where you can guide your team towards programs that have lightweight, scalable processes. We are looking for someone who is passionate about operational processes and supporting them at scale, helping their team effectively break down problems and scope solutions.
- Manage a team of Research Program Managers (RPMs) across the global UX Research function. Coach and mentor the team, playing an active role in developing expertise and guiding professional growth for each unique person.
- Design and maintain scalable organization in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment with a well-documented roadmap, goals, and objectives.
- Build meaningful cross-functional relationships across UX Research and leverage relationships to inform problem solving and identifying key opportunities to improve our team's focus and velocity.
- Determine the highest impact opportunities and execute. Ensure we are resourcing both the short term needs as well as looking ahead and planning for the next big challenge.
- Collaborate with other managers to deliver the aligned vision of the Research Programs Team by defining strategic programs that meet goals, increasing UX Research's impact and enhancing researchers' experience.
- Develop lightweight, repeatable processes, standards, workflows and tools that keep the team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- 10+ years of relevant Program or Project Management experience, establishing programs, supporting teams, and developing relationships.
- 2+ years of direct management experience.
- Proven track record of successfully managing ambitious, strategic, and operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams to deliver results.
- Experience leading teams working with product or business teams from roadmapping through delivery.
- Demonstrated experience defining and tracking support metrics and implementing programs to improve operational performance.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in driving communication throughout all levels of the organization.
- Experience scaling programs and operations in a business environment.
- Experience working directly with UX researchers, product designers, and/or content strategists.
- Knowledge of research process and strategy.
- Understanding of large-scale, strategic development programs.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at accommodations-ext@.