Within Global Commercial Operations, we have the capabilities, resources, and strength of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurial spirit that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We are committed to promoting and maintaining an inclusive, high-performing culture and encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments and ongoing career development!
Speaker programs provide critical information to physicians, nurses and office staff and drive commercial results across the portfolio. They help our customers understand appropriate use of our products, address access challenges and can be deployed at scale. The Manager, Speaker Programs will be responsible for overseeing planning, delivery and enhancement of over 10,000 programs per year.
This position is part of the Media Channel and Strategy Team within the Marketing Operations and Innovation organization, and reports to the Speaker Program Lead.
Partnership with Business Units
- Partner with the US Commercial brand teams and business unit speaker leads to support the execution of speaker programs in line with the brand strategy
- Develop and deliver regular communications with the brand teams, including reports reflecting their respective speaker program activity, spend, and achievement of objectives
- Support innovation, HCP engagement and implementation of speaker program across US Commercial
- Support Amgen staff training related to speaker program operations and execution
- Drive follow-up on resolution of critical issues from Vendor and Business Unit RAEs
- Lead resolution of service delivery or technology issues arising from the field
- Serve as primary point of contact for process questions from Business Unit RAEs
- Facilitate transfer of required speaker program related content/documents between Amgen the vendor
- Work with the overall speaker program lead to perform audits and monitoring as required by Compliance.
- Refresh all Process Maps and document all procedures
System and Data Management
Support supplier technology maintenance and enhancements including participation in user acceptance testing and business rule verification
Work with Commercial Information Management team, the Information Systems team and the speaker program supplier on data interfaces and data management for internal data enhancements or changes
Lead resolution of inter-system communication issues
Own and maintain SharePoint site for critical issues between vendor and Business Unit RAEs
- Support the Speaker Program lead in the management of supplier relationships (including vendor staffing), field-facing technology, and operations (e.g., SOW creation, budget tracking, etc.).
- Track important metrics and monitor business rules and SLAs for speaker program coordination across brands, speakers, and suppliers
- Own and maintain Action Grid for tracking Vendor service delivery and technology action items
- Lead resolution of inter-system communication issues
- Own and maintain SharePoint site for escalations between vendor and Business Unit RAEs
- Resolve service delivery and systems issues and monitor macro trends
Ensure correct reporting of Transfer of Value to Healthcare Compliance - Transparency team
Ensure compliance with SOPs and business rules for speaker programs
Master's degree & 2 years of HCP Marketing, Vendor/Systems Management, Finance and/or Compliance experience
Bachelor's degree & 4 years of HCP Marketing, Vendor/Systems Management, Finance and/or Compliance experience
Associate's degree & 10 years of HCP Marketing, Vendor/Systems Management, Finance and/or Compliance experience
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of HCP Marketing, Vendor/Systems Management, Finance and/or Compliance experience
Experience executing speaker programs
Management of an external vendor relationship
Management of a business system / technology platform
Management of internal client relationships
Understanding of healthcare compliance/regulatory requirements
Strong organization/prioritization skills
Strong financial/analytical/problem-solving skills
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.