The Facebook Product TPM community is pioneering technologies to bring people closer together, and our organization shares in the responsibility of doing it at global scale. As a Manager of Product Technical Program Management, you are responsible for breaking complex initiatives down into prioritized and tangible programs, ensuring consistent flow of information and investment to key stakeholders. PTPM Managers are also responsible for identifying and managing dependencies across the organization, finding long-term solutions to achieve high quality results for the initiatives. And as a subject matter expert responsible for driving and helping to scale the product usage, you will seek to understand team dynamics, product ecosystem and technical landscape while keeping the focus and accountability on delivery to ensure teams are making progress towards goals. You will be leading teams to drive strategy and execution in product areas such as Marketplace, Facebook App Store, Commerce Platform and Shops, as well product platforms and specialized technical areas such as machine learning, ranking, APIs and complex infrastructure. We are looking for experienced technical leaders who can lead teams in complex multi-platform development efforts at consumer scale, while maintaining clarity of product vision and organizational awareness. This posting represents different full-time roles across the company including Facebook App, Instagram, Central Product Platform, Ads & Business Platform and other product areas.
- Responsible for building, managing, and setting direction for teams as a whole as well as for individual team members' success.
- As a manager, you will be responsible for identifying and solving systemic, organizational-wide problems, influencing, and building strong relationships. Partners include Product Management and Engineering to define needs to support strategic planning and execution as well as metrics, program requirements and scope.
- Viewed as the cross-functional partner you will lead technical discussions and be a thought leader during product reviews and be responsible for designing and executing process and strategy frameworks that facilitate product-related goal setting, decision making and business impact.
- Articulate to stakeholders your team's technology requirements, goals and milestones.
- Integrate your technical knowledge, subject matter expertise and understanding trends to make sound decisions and influence business direction through data-driven analysis.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk and change management on projects.
- Influence program/product direction and simplify complexity.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software industry experience including systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- 4+ years of people management experience leading teams to deliver technical programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Experience communicating and representing work to senior leadership and framing discussions to gain valuable feedback and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing and leading teams through multi-disciplinary relationships including product management and engineering to drive product impact.
- Experience managing managers.
- Experience with organizational design and building teams for scale.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at accommodations-ext@.