We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for future, was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas-it's a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot - We are America's Lender. Position Summary:
Responsible for delivering senior level innovative, compelling, coherent software solutions for our consumer, internal operations and value chain constituents across a wide variety of enterprise applications through the creation of discrete business services and their supporting components. This position has an emphasis either on the front-end or backend development focus depending on the placement of the role and team. The job duties and requirements are defined for backend and front-end separately. This position ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company's policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates. Responsibilities:
- Develops software: Designs and implements new technologies, frameworks and platform improvements. Subject-matter expert for platforms.
- Estimates tasks: Estimates and delivers significant projects and initiatives on schedule.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving: Expert debugging. Read memory dumps, analyze log files for patterns. Very familiar with common problems (memory leaks, deadlocks, etc.) Uses tools to analyze code and look for problems.
- Project design & execution: Correctly reads and delivers business and technical requirements. Looks for opportunities to group capabilities into frameworks, suggests innovative solutions, and leverages existing technologies. Balances elegant & sophisticated against pragmatic. Strong attention to detail. Sponsors initiatives and is a driver of requirements. Leads complex and significant projects. Plans and manages scope, resources and schedule.
- Testing: Expert, builds happy-path and sad-path unit tests. Builds tests which validate key capabilities or fragile code. Builds automated functional and integration tests. Experienced with Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and other testing methodologies. Creates testing strategy.
- Document Solutions: Clearly documents solutions by following established templates. Improves existing templates and creates new templates as needed. Drives the strategic development of documentation to improve efficiency and transparency.
- Governance: Completes all mandatory training and abides by all policies, laws and guidelines. Champions new and improved policies and procedures. Manages organizational change.
- FRONT-END DEVELOPMENT FOCUS
- Constructs web page HTML & CSS layout templates for use by UX/UI engineers.
- Works with the team's graphic designers to obtain usable assets.
- Implements and/or stylizes controls both from scratch and from reference material.
- Maintains CSS application-wide.
- Participates in UI/UX testing.
- BACKEND DEVELOPMENT FOCUS
- Designs, develops and delivers solutions that meet business line and enterprise requirements.
- Creates enterprise-grade application services.
- Participates in rapid prototyping and POC development efforts.
- Advances overall enterprise technical architecture and implementation best practices.
- Assists in efforts to develop and refine functional and non-functional requirements.
- Participates in iteration and release planning.
- Performs functional and non-functional testing.
- Contributes to overall enterprise technical architecture and implementation best practices.
- Informs efforts to develop and refine functional and non-functional requirements.
- B.S. in Computer Science or B.S. Software Engineering or B.A. in Computer Information Systems or equivalent education or experience.
- Minimum seven (7) to ten (10) years of relevant technology job experience.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-SS