Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Lead ETL Developer for our Health vertical, specifically working on brands such as WebMD and Demandforce. The Lead ETL Developer will be responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of next generation database support and new products. Day to day duties will include data Organizationeling and schema design; ETL architecture, development, documentation and optimization; generation and analysis of reports; establishing best practices for data systems; and collaborating with the DBA group on performance tuning and data partitioning.
- Lead database development team and provide technical direction/guidance on the design and implementation of data solutions.
- Design, develop and lead multiple data projects in traditional relational databases such as Postgres as well as non-traditional databases such as Vertica.
- Analyze business requirements, design and implement required data Organizationel and ETL processes on your own.
- Participate in data architecture and engineering decision making/planning.
- Create an enterprise level data inventory regardless of source, format, structure.
- Connect and integrate individual datasets for better analysis and transparency between the data.
- Translate complex technical subjects into terms that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Mentor and train other members of the database team.
- 5+ years of database development experience.
- Excellent knowledge in SQL.
- Strong stored procedure skills.
- Good Unix Company scripting.
- Database design and optimization.
- Degree in computer science or related field.
- MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Linux, Unix, BSD.
- Experience producing clear and effective documentation.
- Understanding of SQL analytic functions.
- Experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho, Informatica, SSIS, or Talend. Pentaho knowledge a plus.
- Experience with large and high transaction database architectures.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.