A successful and growing construction company in Roseville, CA is looking for a Junior Project Accountant to join their team. This position will be well suited for a strong bookkeeper with or without prior construction industry experience. This could be a great opportunity to get your foot into the door of an industry that is difficult to break into.
- At least 3 year of Accounting or Bookkeeping experience
- Strong organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong math skills
- Strong typing and 10-key skills
- High School Diploma required and AA degree highly desired, especially in Accounting
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with an ERP system is desired
- Accounting in a Construction environment would be a big plus
Compensation: $22 - $27/hr DOE
- Full Cycle Accounts Payable, including Subcontract Payables
- Accounts Receivable
- Utilize the Pre-Lien Notice Log to collect all monthly Lien Releases
- Enter all subcontractor billings for all projects once approved by Project Manager, including revising billings and releases
- Redistribute supplier amounts on each subcontractor invoice in AP
- Maintain files
- Handle communications effectively with all vendors and internal contacts
- Support Project Managers by completing various accounting tasks
- Complete closeouts by collecting all Final Lien Releases (notarized if required) in a timely manner from supplies and subcontractors, forwrding them to the Project Manager and owners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.