Intern - Internal Audit
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. When it becomes practical, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site when we can ensure the health and safety of our teams.
Our company and team:
At Gilead, we're committed to creating possible. For more than 30 years, we've pursued the impossible, chased it down, tackled it for answers and surrounded it for a way in. We have worked tirelessly to bring forward medicines for life-threatening diseases. Through bold and transformative science, we're creating possibilities that have the potential to become the next generation of life-changing medicines. Our ambition is evident in our mission. Because the impossible is not impossible. It's what's next.
Our Internal Audit team objectively and independently performs audit reviews of business processes and information systems to identify key risks, related controls, and recommendations for improvement and issue resolution. We also test international distributors' and affiliates' compliance against regulatory frameworks, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the Physician Payments Sunshine Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act and relevant local laws. We frequently partner with cross-functional groups throughout our company in the design of improvements to processes and systems that deliver value and drive operational excellence. Ultimately, we foster a culture of continuous improvement.
We look for curious, smart people who have the imagination to improve processes and controls and strive to be a little better every single day. We all roll up our sleeves and work on audits as a team and bounce ideas off each other to come up with the right answer. We strive to be hardworking, humble, and collaborative with our stakeholders with the ability to be direct yet diplomatic when discussing issues and improvements.
This role is based in our Foster City, CA headquarters. We are currently working remotely and currently do not foresee returning to our offices until at least early 2021.
What you will be doing (the position):
- Work on multi-disciplinary internal audit and special project teams under the direction of audit managers and senior associates to build your skills, relationships and experiences
- Participate in audits; learn audit methodologies, concepts and assist with controls testing
- Assist internal audit teams and perform assigned project tasks
- Perform research and assist with data analysis
- Assist with creating documentation for audits and special projects; particularly working papers, process flowcharts and meeting notes
- Upon completion of each audit, you will assist audit teams in assessing the business impact of findings and share key findings with the team and management
- Hands-on participation in any program aspect when required
Your knowledge, experience and skills:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to complete 10-12 consecutive weeks of internship
- Must have completed at least the first year of an Undergraduate (or graduate student, if applicable) program at a 4-year accredited university/college; including enrollment in the Fall Semester after completing the internship
- Track record of success in diverse environments and projects
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior project management, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to convey ideas clearly and interact effectively with all levels and functions - know your audience
For jobs in the United States:
- Understanding of general accounting and/or business principles
- Willingness to learn, and drive for self-improvement
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products and technologically-savvy
- Data analytics (e.g. Tableau, Python or other) experience a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 30% of time) once travel restrictions are lifted and we return to the office
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency