KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world's leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow's electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us. Group/Division
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA's metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers. The LS-SWIFT Division of KLA's Global Products Group provides patterned wafer inspection systems for high-volume semiconductor manufacturing. Its mission is to deliver market-leading cost of ownership in defect detection for a broad range of applications in the production of semiconductors. Customers from the foundry, logic, memory, automotive, MEMS, advanced packaging and other markets rely upon high-sample wafer inspection information generated by LS-SWIFT products. LS (Laser Scanning) systems enable cost-effective patterned wafer defect detection for the industry's most sophisticated process technologies deployed in leading-edge foundry, logic, DRAM, and NAND fabs. SWIFT (Simultaneous Wafer Inspection at Fast Throughput) systems deliver all-wafer-surface (frontside, backside, and edge) macro inspection that is critical for automotive IC, MEMS, and advanced packaging processes as well as foundry/logic and memory fabs. LS-SWIFT operates from a global footprint that includes the US, Singapore, India and Germany, and serves a worldwide customer base across Asia, Europe and North America.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- I dentify top solutions to successfully meet efficient and effective needs of image processing computing infrastructures for high throughput requirement
- For computational platform, create and lead a well-informed virtualization strategy and manage the adaption process
- Collaborate and evaluate designs and solutions of hardware, and software for the HPC needs of the wafer inspector.
- Familiar with parallel computing techniques on multi-core computational systems
- Strong collaboration skills with manufacturing and design teams
- Maintenance and creation of Linux OS environment playbooks that are used in software deployment.
- Identifying the implications when a move from one software version to the next is required.
- Development of automated tests that can be re-used on virtual platform changes and upgrades to ensure no regression impact is caused.
- Be able to work with Linux and Python for test execution and scripting purposes.
- Support system teams when they experience potential HPC platform issues
Adaptability, Collaborates, Communication, Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Drives Results, Innovation, KLA Values, Problem Solving, Work Processes
- Minimum 5 years' of relevant, work related experience.
- Hands-on experience with Computer Networking, Linux, Parallel Computing, Shell or Python Scripting
- Hands-on experience with popular container orchestration technologies, such asDocker, Singularity
- Hands-on experience with designing, building, and configuring private cloud-alike computing infrastructure to adapt custom requirements utilizing opensource software
- Preferred knowledge and experience building AI and Deep Learning framework with opensource software on Cloud environment
- Experience with Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Container, Parallel Computing.
- Experience with Linux and Python for test execution and scripting purposes.
- Skilled in developing automated tests that used on virtual platform changes and upgrades ensuring no regression impact is caused.
- Familiar with Linux/Unix working environment with software releases.
Master's Level Degree or work experience of 4 years , Bachelor's Level Degree or work experience of 6 years
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at to request accommodation.