Accounting Specialist - Irvine
TP-Link is a leading provider of consumer Wi-Fi networking products. We continuously develop new products and technologies that transform the way people connect. Our networking expertise uniquely positions us as a leader in emerging technologies that improve our everyday lives, such as smart home products.
Spacious and modern, our Irvine location creates a casual atmosphere that fosters team collaboration. In addition to free snacks and drinks, we provide all employees with fully paid medical, dental and vision insurance, and also contribute to their 401k funds.What We're Looking For
This position will perform accounting transactions as needed while collaborating with other departments to ensure efficiency and accurate processing that achieves the company's financial plan. The right individual will be an analytically-minded accounting professional who is passionate about using all aspects of education and experience in accounting and business to be successful.
Staff Accountant will be responsible for accounting functions including, but not limited to, assisting in financial reporting and the reporting of the business' financial operations. Staff Accountant will assist with month-end and year-end close process, accruals, bank reconciliations, audit prep, manage accounts payable and accounts receivable and postings to the general ledger.Job Responsibilities
- Support accounts payables activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice entries.
- Perform monthly bank settlements
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of accounts.
- Provide detail analyses and explanation of all transactions.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors.
- Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals, and logs.
- Resolution of AP/AR account discrepancies
- Validates account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers.
- Maintaining & reviewing entries to ensure accuracy.
- Perform month-end closing.
- Performing variance analyses and preparing complex account reconciliations
- Process customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Verify, update, receivables aging.
- Maintains records for invoices, debits, and credits.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
What We're All About
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin (preferred, but not required)
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2+ years experience preferred, also open to recent College graduates with Accounting or related Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Ability to commute to Irvine when office relocates
- Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical approach to problem solving and ability to think outside the box
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Comfortable working with multiple computer systems
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationship
- Experience using Oracle.
TP-Link is always seeking ambitious individuals, who are enthusiastic and passionate about their work. We are a global company that values diversity and thrives on entrepreneurial spirit and drive. While TP-Link has made its global mark, it is still a relatively new brand to the U.S. As we grow and shape our team, we're looking for people to directly influence the success of our U.S. business.
Feel a connection? Send us your resume and a cover letter telling us why you believe you're the right fit for our team.
We are committed to diversity. TP-Link is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.