We are seeking an individual who is passionate about Oculus, VR, and the VR developer community. The ideal candidate will have experience building successful developer programs that drive real-world outcomes. This candidate will play a large role in our overall investment in underrepresented communities within the VR industry. They should be passionate about enabling and encouraging diversity, equity, and inclusivity that results in the best possible developer experience. A strong understanding of the VR industry, underrepresented communities, and what drives the passion of developers is a bonus.This role will manage Oculus Launch Pad, our annual developer program focused on supporting underrepresented communities.
- Drive activations that generate empathy and understanding of the community's unique needs and perspectives to accelerate organizational and product transformations
- Identify Oculus Launch Pad member successes and run point on building spotlighting opportunities with promotions across cross-functional teams including Communications
- Execute scaled communications via nurture email campaigns, newsletters and site landing page that improve developers' Oculus experiences and feature/services adoption
- Help drive and execute events, educational curriculum, and community outreach
- Negotiate, gather and distribute program benefits strategically
- Collaborate with Developer Support team to create exceptional support experiences
- Maintain direct and active relationships with developers to gather feedback on how to improve their experience
- Author engaging developer-facing communication such as social posts, guides, keynote presentations and more
- Set, track, analyze, communicate, and execute against key program performance metrics
- Improve program awareness and drive applications
- 8+ years of experience in developer community building or community program management
- Experience working with developer and/or startup event organizing
- Experience translating developer and startup needs into strategic plans and vice versa
- Experience with identifying, utilizing and communicating performance metrics
- BA or BS degree
- Proven track record of launching, leading and scaling programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at accommodations-ext@.