POSITION: Financial Systems Architect
START DATE: 3/8/21
END DATE/CONTRACT LENGTH: 13 Weeks, potential for extension to 26 Weeks
LOCATION: San Diego
COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS: Candidate will be expected to complete typical compliance for health care systems upon hire (including providing vaccine records, updated physical, background check, drug screen, etc.) **PLEASE NOTE: Meeting ALL of the minimum requirements is a MUST.
Seeking an applicant for a Finance Systems Architect who will be responsible for assessing financial systems environments and governance capabilities to make accounting and financial data actionable and facilitating the integration of data into and out of financial systems environments. This position will report to the Associate CFO & Health System Controller, and will be responsible for the overall program design and management of finance systems program. This encompasses designing and implementing sustainable governance for financial applications including, but not limited to Oracle Financial Cloud, Oracle Supply Chain, PeopleSoft, and more. Additionally, analytics and business intelligence strategy related to finance systems will be a key area of focus as part of this role.
Specific duties include:
- Assessing the current state and designing the future state of Finance Systems
- Developing the roadmap based on maturity assessments and pain points for capabilities around integration and reporting for Oracle General Ledger, Supply Chain, and more.
- Ensuring consistency in application configuration, data quality, governance, architecture, and analytics for the Health System.
- Defining roles and responsibilities to establish a sustainable Finance Systems program, operating models, and business cases with both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Engaging with senior leaders in Health Finance, Health IS, Health System Operations, Campus Accounting, Campus ITS, and more.
- Collaboration and coordination with Health System Accounting, Campus Accounting, Campus IT, and Health IT.
Project Management Requirements:
- The Finance Systems Architect will function as the technical program manager responsible for their team's project plans in conjunction with the operational project managers to ensure accurate, consistent, and timely project and application milestone delivery.
- Specific duties include but are not limited to developing and maintaining project plans, directing work to other team members, creating status reports, facilitating decisions, identifying and mitigating risks, collecting and interpreting data from various sources, presenting measure and program results to clinical and operations executives, and managing evolving technical requirements.
Product Management Requirements:
- The Finance Systems Architect will function as the technical product manager responsible for developing and evangelizing the adoption and utilization of the core Finance Systems products such as: Oracle Financial Cloud, Oracle Supply Chain, Concur, and more.
- Roadmaps should be developed in conjunction with senior leadership, operational stakeholders, and vendor advisors to ensure these products can meet business and clinical requirements including scaling across multiple dimensions.
- Specific duties include but are not limited to facilitating strategic planning sessions, conducting product related research, developing product requirements and specifications, producing development approaches and timelines, coordinating the integration of products into the larger enterprise product portfolio, assessing third party products/vendor solutions, communication plans, training plans, writing recommendations to senior leadership, and creating maintenance/upgrade plans.
Financial Analyst Requirements:
- The Financial Systems Architect will have technical acumen for planning, designing, developing, implementing and administering finance related system.
- Maintains and optimizes systems and provides strategic direction for finance systems as needed.
- Directs, initiates, designs, and provides analytical studies, summary reports, and background materials to an organization or departmental administrative officers and managers on proposed organization / university policies that might impact resources, staff and faculty salary funding, organization-wide budget management, budget / accounting / resource rules and best practices for budget, financial, and other resources management and administration.
- Bachelor's Degree in healthcare information technology, computer science, or related area; and/or equivalent combination of experience/training.
- Seven (7+) or more years of relevant experience in Oracle Financial Cloud, Oracle Supply Chain, or similar Oracle Financial systems
- Seven (7+) years of product strategy and Finance Systems experience, preferably in an academic healthcare environment.
- Five (5+) years of experience with implementing Oracle Financial Cloud, Oracle Supply Chain, and/or other similar Oracle Financial systems.
- Oracle General Ledger Cloud Certified
- Oracle Account Hub Cloud Certified
- Three (3+) years of Academic Healthcare Accounting/Finance experience
- Three (3+) years of business or financial services experience
- Oracle BI Enterprise Edition Certification
- Advanced level of project management (PMP) or program management experience.
- Product management experience-qualified at a minimum of leading a product through (2) releases.
- Prior experience with managerial or supervisory duties including employee development.
- Experience with developing and managing technology products including developing user profiles, requirements, experience testing, and product portfolio management.
- Familiarity with Agile development, Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC), Product Development Life Cycles (PDLC), and waterfall implementation methodologies