Vitalacy is seeking a skilled Controller who will be responsible for all aspects of financial management: corporate accounting, payroll, financial reporting, budgeting, cost control and financial modeling. The Controller will oversee benefits administration and will help review and develop our internal control policies and procedures as well as perform financial risk management. The candidate will also be the point of contact for banks, auditors, and tax authorities.
The position is currently part-time (hours to be discussed based on background), but could become a full-time position with the growth of the company.
- Work with CEO and CFO to manage the company's accounting operations: A/R, A/P, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition, GL etc.
- Help maintain an accurate financial picture of the companies operations at all times by creating and documenting business processes, dashboards, etc.
- Financial and data analysis to produce reliable forecasts for revenue, inventory, cash, etc.
- Oversee company's month-end, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Ensure the compliance with state reporting requirements, applicable laws and tax filings; work on tax preparation, distributions, etc.
- Payroll and Benefits administration
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance 5+ years experience in the area
- Expertise in the creation and optimization of accounting procedures in keeping with current standards. CPA is a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented and comfortable working on day-to-day accounting tasks
- Relevant computer skills and proficiency with Quickbooks, spreadsheets, etc.
- Understanding of US GAAP