Reporting into the Commercial Advancement within the Final Product Technology (FPT) organization, this role will support cross-functional/cross platform teams from multiple Amgen sites, functions and external partners, to develop innovative final product platforms that are integrated with biologics to create drug/device combination products.
The program manager will participate and support the implementation of the new Final Product Platform Ecosystem (FPPE) and Governance (FPPG). The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the boundaries of the platform are defined, providing a strategic platform-centric view for decision-making in the business, and for communicating across functions. The new governance will reinforce adherence to Amgen's platform principles by ensuring improvements within a platform are applied consistently across products.Responsibilities
Responsible for developing and maintaining project plans and schedules for life cycle projects which may include cross product improvements, user trainings, and process development related to final product and presentation. Working with the Product teams, Platform Leads, and other members of the FPPE, the Project Manager will ensure that plans and schedules for prioritized activities are aligned with business priorities. The role will ensure that associated business risks are captured, mitigation plans are developed, and status is clearly communicated to impacted stakeholders. The PM will assist in driving timely decision making for the project and will ensure that action items are captured and tracked to completion. The Project Manager will ensure cross functional and cross platform alignment and integration of interdependent activities. Assist the product/platform leads with tracking the completion of required deliverables via dashboards and reporting on project metrics.
- Management of Final Product Technology Governance as part of the new platform ecosystem
- Maintain overall Final Product Platform Governance ecosystem schedule, risk log and serve as the centralized 'voice' for all project key milestones and status
- Develop Executive and Governance updates, as needed and working with the work stream leads
- Contribute to the development of core content & minimum requirements for brand-specific content when applicable
- Follow Amgen's governance processes, procedures, specifications, design controls, and applicable compliance standards and guidance documents
- Responsible for integrating operations, commercial, and regulatory activities by developing and maintaining detailed project schedules
- Negotiate and resolve conflicts and drive decisions among team/functional members to accomplish project and business goals
- Assist in driving decisions by using the Decision Making Framework (D- Decision maker, A- Advice Giver, I- Informed)
- Ensure participation in functional and cross-functional management reviews
- Establish and manage collaboration and team sites (e.g. SharePoint)
- Provide meeting facilitation, including development of meeting agenda and minutes
- Maintain overall KPIs, with the CCLs, for the projects and overall process
Doctorate degree & 2 years of Project Management experience OR Master's degree & 3 years of Project Management experience OR Bachelor's degree or & 5 years of Project Management experience OR Associate's degree & 8 years of Project Management experience OR High school diploma / GED & 12 years of Project Management experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- 8 years+ of project management experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or other Healthcare-related field, direct CMC experience is highly desirable
- Most important for this role: Strong oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated time management and decision-making skills
- PMP Certification
- Experience successfully developing and launching commercially viable pharmaceutical or combination drug/device products from concept to commercialization
- Ability to foster collaboration, work effectively on cross-functional teams, and consistently deliver on-time
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Quick learner, proactive, takes initiative
- Distinguishes proper balance between strategic and tactical thinking
- Strong experience with Project Management tools, methodologies, and practices
Authoritative command of complexity and ambiguity, ability to see the big picture, ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analysis and influence decision-making
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.