As an Experienced Communications Network Systems Engineer (Level 3), you will design, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art communication systems for space-based applications for commercial, civil, milsatcom, and/or national security programs. You will lead a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
Project assignments typically span the complete program life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite development, launch, and on-orbit operations and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Define and develop ground and space network architectures.
- Support trade studies.
- Define and verify ground and space network system requirements and interfaces.
- Support system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and decomposition.
- Perform analyses and simulations for space communication systems.
- Support system-level integration and validation.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies .
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance - Secret, Top Secret, or successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry .
- Experience with network communications architecture and operations.
- Experience with standardized Network Protocols and Services (ie TCP/IP, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls, etc.).
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience with satellite or space-based systems
- Strong Architecture Modeling skills (Model based design).
- SW Development experience associated with Network Services and/or network control.
- Experience in using MBSE tools to document Network Architectures.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's with 3 or more years' experience or PhD with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.