JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
•This position is contingent upon customer funding of the position.
Performs as a lead on more complex engineering assignments. Performs a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, design, development, manufacturing, testing, installation, integration, sustainment, operation, and maintenance of diverse software, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and systems. Performs generally as a lead of a development, sustainment, or operations & maintenance team on more complex engineering assignments.
• Independently performs a range of design, development, analysis, or review tasks under generally established project deadlines.
• Completes design specifications, analyses, or design reviews for complex projects.
• Generates complete design specifications for more complex projects.
• Coordinates and works closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
• Verifies and complies with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
• Prepares, delivers, and submits technical papers and performs engineering studies.
• Supports development of technical proposals and provides comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
• Develops, maintains, and produces technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
• Directs interface with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities; acts as liaison for design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
• Conducts site visits and experimental investigations and analyzes engineering problems, proposes solutions and alternatives, and provides recommendations.
• Performs other position-related duties and assignments as directed.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to his/her job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote Company work locations may be required. RANGE POSITION DESCRIPTION Senior level engineer to support Global Power Bombers Combined Test Force (GPB CTF) as project test lead (PTL) to function as the technical focal point for the project manager and operations staff. The PTL will run the technical processes of the project in accordance with established policies and guidelines and organizes the work of the supporting discipline engineers. The PTL duties include but are not limited to attending integrated test team meetings, decomposing customer requirements into test objectives, integrating the discipline engineer generated content into a test plan, coordinating Technical Review Boards (TRB) with the technical review authority and other TRB members, coordinating engineers' support of the safety planning process, overseeing test card preparation and the data analysis plan, overseeing engineer support of execution, tracking progress in the generation of data analysis products, Watch Items (WITs), and Deficiency Reports (DRs), integrating discipline engineer generated content into the technical report and supporting data package, identify and resolve resource conflicts with the engineering section leads.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 14 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering with at least 10 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering with at least 8 years of related engineering experience. The incumbent must possess a well-established, substantial, professional reputation in one or more of the principal technical disciplines of the Company. Must demonstrate the ability to direct senior technical personnel in project assignments involving research, development, integration, and sustainment of complex systems or processes. The incumbent must use superior communications skills, both verbal and written, in day-to-day project activities as well as in briefing customers and in writing reports and proposals. The incumbent must possess planning/organizing skills and have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools. Incumbent will be required to qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and must have a valid, current state driver's license. PREFERRED
• A current Security clearance and Special Access Program (SAP) clearable
• Ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret security clearance and be SAP / SCI clearable Must be a U.S. citizen. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so classified. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled