CSI Electrical Contractors, Inc. is a full-service electrical contractor headquartered in Santa Fe Springs, California. Established in 1990, CSI delivers a wide range of commercial and industrial electrical construction services with significant experience performing work in the solar, aerospace, healthcare, government and biomedical markets. CSI also has significant self-perform capabilities in electrical system construction and retrofit projects, technology integration, and alternative energy projects, preconstruction services, prefabrication, telecommunications, design-build/design-assist and integrated project delivery methodologies.
The Electrical Engineer II can complete a project from start to finish with no supervision or design and on time. They have technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments and plan and develop engineering projects with unique or controversial problems that impact major company programs. Success in this role involves exploring the subject area, definition of scope, and selecting problems for investigation, novel concepts, and approaches. This employee maintains liaison with individuals and units within the organization, responsible for acting independently on technical matters. Work at this level requires extensive progressive experience. The
Electrical Designer II plans, organizes, and supervises staff design engineers' work, evaluates progress and results obtained, and recommends major changes to achieve objectives. They may be assisted with individual projects
Duties and Responsibilities: including, but not limited to, the following:
- Understand and follow CSI policies and procedures
- Complete design per project budget of the following;
- Building Power and Distribution Systems (Low, Medium and High Voltage)
- Emergency, Standby Generator, and UPS Systems
- Grounding Systems (equipment, safety, and isolated)
- Engineering Calcs (Voltage Drop, Fault Calcs, Load Calcs, Full or Series Rating, etc.)
- Develop and Modify Single Line Diagrams.
- Able to stamp their own electrical designed drawings.
- Attend Kick-off and project coordination meetings, able to discuss technical project requirements.
- Able to redmark drawings for CAD drafter.
- Able to read Photometric Calcs. Knowledge of IES and city foot candle requirements.
- Write technical reports/correspondence and coordinate directly with the client, project manager, foreman, vendors, and other disciplines (Mechanical, Plumbing, etc.).
- Maintain Action Log for PMs.
- Coordinate with the city for plancheck submittal and corrections.
- Coordinate the Utility Company on a project case to case basis.
- Review and stamp Submittals/Shop Drawings.
- Respond to RFI's and RFP's. Coordinate with field electricians and respond to their questions during construction.
- Develop Electrical specifications for a project.
- Value Engineering and Energy Audit.
- Project Site Survey
- Able to work with other design teams and manage a team.
- Able to do minor CAD or PDF change.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
This position is classified as exempt, meaning more than 50% of the employee's time is spent performing exempt job duties consistent with this job description. If the employee finds the actual job duties change from those described herein, so the employee is not performing exempt duties more than 50 % of the time, the employee must immediately inform management.
- At least 7 years experience in Electrical Construction Design
- Electrical Code (NEC, CEC and City Code)
- Title-24 Compliance
- Experience with OSHPD and DSA Approvals
- Software proficiency in MS Office, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Neher-Mcgrath, Energy Pro, and Visual/AGI Photometric Calc.
- Revit and Navisworks experience desired but not a requirement.
- Effective communication skills and a team-oriented attitude.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- EIT Certification desired but not required
- LEED Certification desired but not a requirement
- Frequently works outdoors on uneven surfaces.
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods.
- May be required to stoop, bend, and crouch.
- Works in a climate-controlled environment 50% of the time.
- May work in varying weather conditions: hot, cold, and wet conditions.
- Frequently works in areas with large industrial equipment subject to high noise levels.
- May occasionally work in areas with hazardous chemicals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employer s. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.