MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
A leading consumer goods brand in West LA is seeking an experienced Sr. Manager or Director of Planning to join their growing operations team. This position will have up to 4 direct reports and manages the demand forecast, supply plan, inventory stock targets, and related key metric tracking.
A leading consumer goods company in West LA in the health & wellness space.
- Develop detailed monthly and annual demand forecasts for our products globally.
- Establish the supply planning strategy in partnership with the leadership team
- Responsible for daily/weekly forecast management based on POS trends.
- Create, document, and publish processes both internally and externally to achieve a high standard of forecast accuracy at the SKU/Account level and drive sustainable and repeatable results that are person neutral.
- Work with Analysts to develop more accurate initial launch plans based on like item historical models, RCA and competitive activities, and specific retail POG layouts and competitive review.
- Develop effective tracking mechanisms to respond to product trending more rapidly thru system tools. Work with business analyst and IT to create metrics, dashboards, value add reporting tools that clearly articulate the value and improvements in demand management.
- Through effective demand planning processes, maintain lean inventory levels while meeting on-time delivery goals to customers.
- Review excess, slow-moving, and obsolete inventory and collaboratively work with Sales and Business Analysis to develop strategies to minimize the impact.
- Produce weekly status and performance reports relevant to the demand planning process and its impact on company goals.
- Develop monthly S&OP process to deliver the business plan that is aligned with corporate strategy.
- Oversee monthly review cycles to ensure product trending as well as all external factors are incorporated into the forecasting process.
- Manage the Demand Management Reporting process to facilitate consistent and actionable information flow to the organization.
- Initiate changes to improve performance and support the organization in meeting cost, quality, and delivery goals.
- 7-10 years of integrated supply chain experience from a strategic and tactical perspective.
- Must have management experience
- Consumer Goods experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
competitive base salary; benefits package