The Small Business Group contributes directly to this mission by connecting every small business in the world with their customers on Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger, and then helping them grow through solutions like pages, advertising, and messaging. We succeed when we help our customers grow their business. The Small Business Group at Facebook is one of two sales channels responsible for Facebook's multi-billion dollar advertising business. Our team helps more than 99% of Facebook's 5 million plus advertisers. Our potential business is even larger with more than 70 million active SMB pages on Facebook.
In this role, the leader will create, develop, and optimize programs to help partners enable clients to succeed and thus grow Facebook's business usage and advertising revenue. This covers a wide range of initiatives that span the business. This opportunity incorporates managing a team of experienced program specialists and extensive cross-functional work with product teams, analysts, sales, marketing, and partnership teams. As such, the leader is empowered with global responsibility for long-term goals including product usage, revenue, and customer retention.
Ideal candidates will have experience building and managing go-to-market teams, overseeing complex operations, recognizing patterns of success (and failure) quickly, and working cross-functionally. Success in this position requires a passion for leadership, strong analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
This position reports to the Vice President of the Small Business Group. There is an expectation of global travel in the future.
- Lead the prioritization of program roadmaps for client segments and solutions, and ensure seamless execution through programs teams and cross-functional partners
- Establish the function's KPIs and operational scorecards
- Coordinate and program manage client-facing initiatives across marketing, sales product, data science, and cross-functional teams
- Innovate and develop new strategies to grow clients
- Build strong working relationships with leaders across Facebook teams (e.g. product, engineering, sales)
- Manage a high performance team including Managers through ongoing recruitment, training and development
- Serve as a member of the Small Business Management team
- Lead and execute in an intense, fast-paced and highly iterative environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15+ years of experience in client-facing, sales management, and/or operations roles
- Demonstrated experience with analytical businesses
- Demonstrated experience managing experienced and geographically dispersed teams, including managing managers
- Proven experience being detail-oriented, highly organized and effectively influencing and communicating cross-functionally, and delivering results
- Global experience (including work outside the US)
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at accommodations-ext@.