$180000.00 to $200000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance has an opportunity for someone with a knack for leading with high standards, positively motivating others, and making critical decisions and have experience taking charge of an accounting and clerical department to become a Controller at a reputable company. In this role, you will be planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. In this role, it will be critical for you to lead with integrity and reliability and have the ability to manage self and others with urgency, practicality and accountability when providing client services. We're looking for creative team players with a talent for challenging the status quo, coming up with unique ideas, negotiating and influencing. Consider this position if you're looking to advance your career with a very competitive and generous compensation and benefits package. The Controller will be a full-time employment opportunity and will be located in the Berkeley, California region.
How you will make an impact
- Present monthly financial reports to executive committee and partners
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them monthly
- Research, plan and implement Finance Department initiatives including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Respond on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management
- Work closely with executive team and partners to facilitate efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Drive the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to ensure the timely cash collection
- Lead the operations of the finance department which includes accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Meet client expectations by reviewing deliverables of self and team to make sure they meet client satisfaction
- Assess, execute and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologiesJob Requirements:
1. Biotech industry and public company experience
2. Public/Private Mix background
3. Open to rolling up sleeves and working hands-on with a small team until they go public
3. In addition to the close, ability to manage the budget process and financial analysis related to business development activities
-Active CPA - nice to have
-Big 4 experience - nice to have
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you're working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.