Clinical Case Manager
Older Adult Full Service Partnership
Founded in 1889, Family Service Agency of San Francisco is the oldest nonprofit charitable social-services provider in the City and County of San Francisco. FSA's mission is to respond to human needs with cutting edge social services and treatment that combine the best social science research with cultural sensitivity, a deep respect for the consumer, and a commitment to social justice and supportive communities.
The Senior FSP Program is a Mental Health Services Act program serving older adults, aged 60 and over, living with severe psychiatric disorders, providing comprehensive and integrated treatment services, including mental health and harm reduction treatment, physical health care, housing assistance, and vocational and educational support.
Provide outreach and engagement to older adults, often homeless and living with severe and chronic mental illness, using the Mental Health Recovery Model. Perform key counseling, case management duties, crisis intervention and advocacy work in office and in community settings, including home and streets, both individually and in groups. Assist access to eligible benefits and housing resources. Work collaboratively with primary care providers, pharmacists and collateral agencies, advocating on behalf of the participants. Maintain documentation standards with daily progress notes, assessments and treatment plans of care, maintaining chart health standards. Assist in the development and organization and conducting of innovative programming utilizing recovery and strengths-based approaches. The program follows a recovery-oriented model of care and practices harm reduction and principles. Additional duties as needed will be assigned.
- Passionate about working with people living with severe mental illness, interested in principles of recovery, and dedicated to creating caring, supportive therapeutic alliances.
- Accurate and detail-oriented in documentation of treatment plans/charting.
- Knowledge of DSM-V and diagnostic criteria.
- Masters Degree in Social Work or Psychology. BBS-registered or soon to be; licensed or licensed-eligible (LCSW, LMFT, LPCC).
- Experience in case management and mental health services for people living with severe and chronic mental illness a plus.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and identities.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Team player with a welcoming, collaborative attitude.
- Great training opportunities
- Clinical supervision: both Individual and group supervision
- Paid parking or monthly clipper card
- Competitive salaries and benefits; generous vacation package
- Agency qualifies for Student Loan forgiveness due to nonprofit status
- A fulltime schedule of 37.5 hours per week
- Great opportunities for professional development and experience