About the Role
The Chief People Officer is an executive position that is critical to Company's growth. The person will be responsible for all elements of human resources including business partner support, recruiting, learning and development, total rewards, HR systems and operations, and compliance. The person will be a partner to the CEO and the other members of the leadership team in developing the company's strategy and overseeing our operations. The position will ultimately be based in our Burlingame, CA office.Your Experience
- You have worked at the VP or above level in people/human resources, ideally at a fast-growing company of similar size and scale.
- You have built great teams, delivered impressive results in supporting executives and leaders, and have comfort with all areas of HR/people operations.
- You have led discussions on talent and compensation at the board committee level.
- You bring a diverse and big picture perspective based on your experience and world view. Ideally you have experience with fast-paced technology companies but also supporting front-line operational staff who deal directly with customers at large scale.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
- You recognize that excellence in HR requires a deep understanding of the needs of both our business and our employees.
- You know how to manage multiple perspectives and how to solve problems with a balanced and practical approach.
- You build strong relationships with your business partners, providing valuable insights that help craft an enduring culture and optimize performance across the company. In particular, you excel at proactively identifying points of conflict and facilitating resolution.
- You have experience coaching executives and making them better, stronger leaders.
- You develop priorities for how we will build capability across all areas of HR and you can effectively communicate your plans and rationale to your team and your colleagues.
- You have command over different approaches to help us develop talent and a deep bench.
- You know how to ensure that compensation is fair and market-based. You have a perspective to help recruiting identify candidates who are highly skilled and who align with Company's values and purpose.
- You are process and operations focused, investing in software solutions where appropriate.
- You recognize that there are always constraints at an early stage company and you will be creative in finding solutions that don't always require more spending and headcount.
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into work at any level as needed.
- Our chief people officer will be more than just committed to DEI&B -- the person will bring knowledge and experience to help guide us in how we attract and retain the diverse workforce we seek and ensure that the company is actively anti-racist. Diversity is fundamental to what we do at Company. We provide care to people of every imaginable background and need, and we believe Company must seek to match the diversity of our clients.